Stripped head bolt hole mod "test phase"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FG ONICS

Please note, i have no idea if this is going to hold up so it is just in a TEST PHASE

f72c18e6.gif
cf08ca11.gif

use a long m5 bolt & a m5nyloc with araldite on the nyloc.

clean the hole out first!

it appears to work atm :cup-1:

that's a good idea , i wonder if you could do that to the other side, you would get a real good seal ....................Phil

nowt wrong with a cheap fix mate ive got a mod same as this on my oddified engine helicoils just keep coming out where theres not enough metal for it to get hold been like it over a year now

nowt wrong with a cheap fix mate ive got a mod same as this on my oddified engine helicoils just keep coming out where theres not enough metal for it to get hold been like it over a year now

hmm, sounds like your hole is to big to fit the correct heli-coil or you don't have teh correct heli-coil at all, also did you use loctite brand red thread locker?, ever try using ca glue instead of threadlocker (yes it works)

hmm, sounds like your hole is to big to fit the correct heli-coil or you don't have teh correct heli-coil at all, also did you use loctite brand red thread locker?, ever try using ca glue instead of threadlocker (yes it works)

no its the metal is to thin mines a 2 bolt bottom end converted to 4 bolt by oddie the helicoil wont stay in it keeps coming out when you remove the bolt so its now a nut and bolt setup without problems and yes i use loctite on all bolts into alloy you cant not

no its the metal is to thin mines a 2 bolt bottom end converted to 4 bolt by oddie the helicoil wont stay in it keeps coming out when you remove the bolt so its now a nut and bolt setup without problems and yes i use loctite on all bolts into alloy you cant not

incorerct you can use loctite on alloy i have seen it done and done it myself many times (albeit on aluminum engines for harleys and custom bikes LOL)

he spends more on alloy polish and glass locking display cases than we do on breakages:lol::lol::lol:

i cant comment on that i know i personally have spent more on breakages trying to run my baja in circles in the front yard at low speeds than i expected to and am still wondering where the "quality" is i heard so much about for a genuine hpi baja :lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks