Stuck bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mootin

Hey everyone, I can't seem to get the bottom bolts out of my engine. The ones that connect it to the chassis plate.

There not rounded off... yet . I've tried heating them up and putting some extra leverage on it but no luck.

Any idea's?

Really wanna get the crank case mod done this weekend.

Thanks

You've tried the main ones.
Often a few sharp taps with a hammer might help.

Next stage is obviousl to drill off the head.
If this can be done with a good stem, it might still be possible to remove from the engine / mounts.

Remember the main thing - THINK FIRST!!
Every action has it's consequences!!

Al.

Tried the hammer option :(

I think I'm going to try and weave the mesh round without taking the engine out. I really don't want to ruin anything just yet.

I'll report back how successful or how much of failure this turns out to be :)

you should really get the bolts out and replace with new ones, your just leaving them in there so the next time you have something your doing,you will still need to get them out,
what r/c is this?
have you tried removing the bolts for the pullstart and fan cover from engine? pull the engine off and heat the mount bolt holes on the inside of the fan cover

which side is it of the engine is it? i had that problem today i have a touring car and i thought bugger have to drill out the screw but!!!!

then brain wave i don't have many sensible logical safe ones lol, i undid the engine cover where the pull start is, took all those screws out then undid the screws on the plastic engine mounts on the clutch side of the engine, enabled me to totally remove the engine, just leaving the pull chord and engine cover.

now what i did was simply twist that part of the engine cover around, thus losening the screw and i had just enough thread left to gently remove the screw.

month ago i tried to drill a screw out of a servo and drilled through my finger!!

Back