Stuffed vs. Non-Stuffed crank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuffed crank means less space inside the crank case which creates more pressure to send the fuel air charge up to the piston to compress. Regular crank creates a bigger space which lowers the crank case fuel/air charge to send up to the piston to compress. Stuffed cranks that are not a true steel full circle can have the ability to shed the "stuffer" material which can wipe out your engine. Running a 2 stroke at any given time can be your last outing, it's just the name of the game. I run stuffer cranks because my stuff runs for about 30 minutes per month, if you run alot run a regular crank. Also majority of stuffer cranks are Cy cranks, so watch out for the Cy piston to rod bearing, if using in a zenoah you need to use the zenoah piston rod bearing.

Im going to piggy back onto this thread with another crankshaft question for the guys that have experience with these.

Balanced cranks. I know the benefits of balanced cranks and I see that OBR offers them, but, they appear to have a significant amount of counterweight removed in the balancing process. This would increase crankcase volume, thus reducing the charge velocity up the transfers. It could, in theory, make for a engine with lazy response. Has anyone ran a balanced crank vs a stocker and noticed any power improvement or loss? Are they worth the added $ over a stock Zenoah assembly?

Last edited:
Im going to piggy back onto this thread with another crankshaft question for the guy that have experience with these.

Balanced cranks. I know the benefits of balanced cranks and I see that OBR offers them, but, they appear to have a significant amount of counterweight removed in the balancing process. This would increase crankcase volume, thus reducing the charge velocity up the transfers. It could, in theory, make for an engine with lazy response. Has anyone ran a balanced crank vs a stocker and noticed any power improvement or loss? Are they worth the added $ over a stock Zenoah assembly?
I would like to know more about this as well if anyone has more info

Back