Stupid Question time...!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

OK I have about $1,200 to blow on an R/C... What should I get for my hobbyshop? But I only want a 1/6 or 1/5 scale... FG? (Marder, MT5, Hummer, Leopard,) HPI, Traxxas Monster Buggy, or Smartech? I am trying to open a hobby shop, but I am on a limited budget, I want to help to make Large Scale R/C, more main-stream in my home town of Jackson Michigan.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all who respond!

Trip..

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm confused.
Are you just asking what you should get for your first or next 1/5? I'm kinda lost on the whole hobby store thing.:helpsmilie:

The baja is good it comes complete and wont kill your wallet. The FG models are a bit too pricey for me, the parts are also expensive. The Duratrax firehammer and firehammer MT are also complete and wont kill your wallet. The MCD kits are really high end. The traxxas monster buggy is out dated and is almost impossible to find parts for. The carson, XTM, and smartech and like brands are hit and miss on quality from what ive read, you may get a good one and you may not its up to chance it seems. The FG and MCD models while pricey are very good quality and might hold up to more abuse than the other models listed. My 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Bigger the Better
Sorry, I'm confused.
Are you just asking what you should get for your first or next 1/5? I'm kinda lost on the whole hobby store thing.

Me 3
I'd go with a Baja to :)

i think he like many of us, call our rc rooms a Hobby shop. lol

personally id shy away from Smartech or Duratrax things, but the price is decent on them. but the resale SUX, atleast with the FG, MCD, HPI the resale is still pretty decent.

depends form there, you a truck or buggy guy. 4x4 is out for 1200.00 so you at 2wd. i say go for the Baja unless your a truck guy. the mardes and leos are pretty nice for the money too. but i really think the Baja outshines them a bit in the long run. thats only my personal preferance.
T

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks