Super BEE & AUX for 3PM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

I just purchased a Super BEE (gas boat version) Kinda stumped as to how to get the aux switch to shut down the engine. I double checked that everything was connected properly. It shuts down when I turn off the radio. Does the aux channel need to be programed on a FASST Futaba 3PM? Another question, is the Aux supposed to shut down the engine?
Thank You

Yes, if you want it to, the Super Bee will kill the engine when you press your Aux button on the transmitter. Put both dip switches up on the Super Bee, which is how they come from the factory.
If you have never used the Aux channel I bet that your Aux switch needs to be activated. Some radios come with the Aux already working, some radios don't. See here for Aux channel setup of many different radios. http://www.killerrc.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

The 3rd channel has to be setup in system setup on that radio. To get there hold the + and - buttons and turn the unit on. It's also detailed in the owners manual. I have a 3pmx I think that's how you get there it's been a while since I set up my radio.

both dip switches are up. i'll be looking into activating the aux tomorrow. too late to fire up the boat tonight. thanks for all the help.

OK, speaking of the 3PM, I just installed the SuperBee in my car using a y-connector off the steering channel because i'm using channel 3 for front brakes, my question is, how do I hook up a tranponder, ch 2,3 ? really confused here, any help from the Bros from LSF would be really apreciated, don't want to experiment and burn out my reciever, thanks in advance.:eek:

You can plug in a transponder and volt meter anywhere in the circuit. They only need power and ground. So you could put a splitter after the on/off switch. Or plug a splitter into any channel 1-3. You can't burn anything up.

FYI, if your Super Bee has to share a channel with a servo, make sure you flip down the #1 dip switch on the Super Bee. Otherwise it will kill the engine every time you move the servo. lol

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks