suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleebag

hi just wondering if anyone can help i've just bought some new rear FG shocks for my TQ hummer there a perfect fit but when i installed them they wer'nt strong enough to keep the back end up is this because i need stiffer springs or could it be something to do with the oil inside:glare:

What weight oil did you put in there? I would think about 2000wt or 5000wt might be good. Don't use the 1/10 scale or 1/8 scale shock oils.....20wt 40wt, etc.

Springs could make the difference as well. What about the spring adjusters, are they at the highest point and not compressing the spring a bit? Which springs do you have on the shocks? I don't know much about FG shocks or the springs but most companies will sell a soft, medium or hard.

hi just wondering if anyone can help i've just bought some new rear FG shocks for my TQ hummer there a perfect fit but when i installed them they wer'nt strong enough to keep the back end up is this because i need stiffer springs or could it be something to do with the oil inside:glare:

i just did the same thing but with mcd shocks, which i believe are the same but not sure. i used long medium springs because the soft was way too soft, but i also needed them clips for the rear. once i got the larger clips in there everything worked great. im not really sure what weight oil i have in them though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks