swb to lwb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doza28

hi,

i am fairly new to 5th scale having only had one of the FG lorries briefly before. I got a good deal on a pretty much brand new FG porsche 911 gt3 sportsline 08 SWB, but id prefer if its not too much hassle to turn it to a LWB. Obviously, i would need the chassis, bumper appropriate to the shell and likewise the side mounts, but are the throttle/brake linkages long enough? they are bent around the fuel tank on mine, and although the rear brake link has some more length in it, im not sure it its enough.

hope someone can help.

quite like the new 320si wtcc ;)

hi,

i am fairly new to 5th scale having only had one of the FG lorries briefly before. I got a good deal on a pretty much brand new FG porsche 911 gt3 sportsline 08 SWB, but id prefer if its not too much hassle to turn it to a LWB. Obviously, i would need the chassis, bumper appropriate to the shell and likewise the side mounts, but are the throttle/brake linkages long enough? they are bent around the fuel tank on mine, and although the rear brake link has some more length in it, im not sure it its enough.

hope someone can help.

quite like the new 320si wtcc ;)

A picture will help.
Are you sure you don't have the new Medium Chassis 515mm Porsche 997 GT3?
If you are as familiar as I am with Porsches, then tell me if the body you have is either a 996 or 997?
Anyhow, either way, you will be able to switch to a LWB, everything is reversible (I did the opposite from LWB to SWB). There might be a few things like the linkages that need to be reworked.

Also, why are you switching to a LWB, I like the SWB better, it turns better anyways!

Good luck

hi,

no its the swb, ive got the 996 gt3, although i am quite keen on the GT2 993 shell. I guess i just like the fact that more bodies are available for the lwb, but im guessing from racing 10th scale, that they do turn better. Looking forward to being able to open it up once its run in. I`ll post some pics on here when i can. Im just fitting the roll cage and various other upgrades that i have ordered from HObbythek in germany.

:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks