Tax return engine time for MTXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know, I may just say screw it and get the unsilenced Version. As far as fit/ finish how was it? Is that the raw version? I planned on getting the raw version and having a local guy here ceramic coat it for me.

Its the raw version. For the silenced DBXL version you need to cut a hole in the body panel so the exhaust can exit...no big deal though. Pipe attaches directly to the engine. No attachments to the chassis at all. If you take the engine out the pipe comes with it. I like that.

I agree I like that as well it mounts to the engine. Have any vids of the silenced pipe? I can't seem to find any on it.

I have some short running videos of my wife smashing it into a tree and some idle videos. I'll try to get them to you tonight..but if you are getting OBR...I think they recommend Victory pipes for their stuff....

heres a 30.5 stuffed esp championship 4 bolt zenoah I built and put in my Baja 5t. Thing still pumps out the power several years later. Bout to pull it out of the 5t though. Got a Mtxl coming that it will go in :)

Found her old phone and the sh** won't charge.

Recorded this to show you the rivets on the silenced version.

Thanks for posting that, rivets are a pretty easy fix. I like the way they mount way more. Even though the victory is recommended I may try the jet pro, it's a little cheaper and I like the sound better

Well I think the red arrow is out, I noticed it isn't a reed design. For the money, the obr seems like a way better purchase for what you get

The Jetpro is on a 4 bolt 29cc motor...(the one that comes with the 5ive T.

If the rivets come out and it pops off while you are ripping around, you will definitely be able to tell...TOTALLY different sound than when its silenced. I left it off for a while but ultimately had to put it back on. If its not there the inside of the vehicle gets real dirty from the exhaust blowing into and and your air filter will be sucking a whole heap of hot air directly from the exhaust. If i really wanted to put forth some effort I could probably take the entire silencer off from where its welded to the pipe..i just really don't want to put forth the effort....lol.

Oh yeah don't forget that video is a DBXL. From the pictues I've seen of the MTXL w/Jetpro, the air filter side mounting appears to be the same. The exhaust header side is different. The DBXL uses a bracket that attaches to the engine and the pipe. I think the MTXL is attached directly to the engine, no bracket.

Thanks for the info. I'll talk more to obr this week and see if the jet pro really is a down grade in performance. If not I'll likely do that pipe and have my buddy ceramic coat it for me.

The jet pro is usually a mid to top pipe. Hard to tell without dyno sheets which are nil these days. That being said it will be much better than the stock can. I just ordered a raw one from jetpro for the mtxl for 168 shipped. Also run 500,000 diff fluid in center diff and 100,000 front and rear diff for more punch.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks