Tear down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryanlt35

Hey guys I'm doing my first tear down and big cleaning,I took motor,gas tank,and all electronics and also shocks off..what is the best way to clean off the sand and mud without damaging the bearings and water getting into differential housings?i just don't wanna spray with hose..worried about that..any suggestions??

I do that already with lite dust and such but I'm wanted to know if there was a way to get it cleaner?a paint brush don't take all of it off.

I use simple green with various brushes including an old tooth brush. Followed up with an old towel and some compressed air. It will leave the black plastic parts looking new.

Read about a cleaning mixture the other day that I'm going to try soon. Two parts simple green, one part denatured alcohol and a splash of wd40 mixed up into a spray bottle.

Im with shua, I use this solution, simple green mixed with denatured alcohol and WD40. I don't follow the ratios exactly as I usually just spray what I think is enough WD40 from the can into the mixture bottle but it doesn't have to be exact.

It works great, simply spray on and let it sit a minute and use an air nozzle to get rid of the gunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use simple green and denatured alcohol and a little wd40 but not needed and spray on and if there's still gunk after I spray more and use a brush then hit it with air again works great

Hey thanks mike lol I remember you told me that already....aren't you supposed to be working? Get back to work man!!!lol jk...text me later...did u get that pipe yet lol

Nope in 2 weeks I hope to get it on my next check. I am sending hitec 4 servos to be repaired so my steering should be back. Worst case I run my jetpro but I need a bartalone... Looking forward to tearing up some grass and fields with ya dude, be a great time

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks