Telemetry radio choices?3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antny

I'm getting a Losi 5t and I'm wondering if there are any other tr/rx with telemetry besides the spectrum dx3-s. Seen in a few forums range issues
with them. If not, would soldering a longer wire to rx fix the issue. Would
love to use the features but don't range/run away problems.

Yes Airtronics MT-4. Good chance this will be my next radio if my react every gives me problems.

I wish they still sold the react like I have. With it you can even hook it up to your computer and save all the settings. Wish others would offer this feature. If you have 10 plus models and your radio freaks out think how long it would take to put them all back in with all the settings even if you could remember what they where.

Last edited:
+1 to the react still being made...i got one too and love it, so much that i also bought a near new one a couple of years ago, still in the box with 2 rx's for 135bucks for a spare just in case mine dies, so now hopefully i can run one for years to come.

Nomadio are the ones that first came out with telemetry! I would love to get a spare React but in my situation not going to happen. I hate the fact that Nomadio pushed so hard to sell these then did not live up to their promises.

blame dubbya, nomadio make guidance systems for cruise missiles, they got real busy when George took office so our rc stuff went out the window.
i had the rpm and tempsensors nib but sold em ages ago.
i wonder if the losi sensors willwork with another radio? probably not

Scott and I talked a lot. He was the one pretty much over the hobby end. He said the reason they got out of the hobby end was too much hassle, too many people to deal with and not up to dealing with the general public not like dealing with the government. They probably can get away with screwing the government more so then the general public. :lol:

Cool. I'll look into the airtronics then. Would I have to hook up new sensors or should the ones on the the truck work. Either way I just want a reliable radio system, don't know much about spectrum. Seems they're hit or miss, all my futaba stuff in the past has been great. Thanks guys.

Cool. I'll look into the airtronics then. Would I have to hook up new sensors or should the ones on the the truck work.

I am guessing it will not. Nomadio made the react where some of the Specturm RX would work with it and Horizon Hobby had a fit and threatened to sue.

Well I called Losi/Horizon and asked they said no. So I guess I'll be buying an Airtronics or Futaba. No way I let a 1600$ 35lb truck runaway or glitch. Thanks for the help though.

Well I called Losi/Horizon and asked they said no. So I guess I'll be buying an Airtronics or Futaba. No way I let a 1600$ 35lb truck runaway or glitch. Thanks for the help though.

No matter what radio you get you need a remote kill switch! I will not run mine with out one as it is just to big of a likability if something goes wrong with a big heavy large scale vehicle!

spectrum dx3r pro,been using it for a year no issues. i also use their dx8 with my helis no issue either.

It’s not always the radio /receiver that create the runaway but a flat battery will do the same thing.
A kill switch needs to make continues contact to the motor to keep the motor running ,once any issue shows up the kill switch loses contacts within itself and turns off the motor.
Just like someone pushing the kill button but all self auto.

But if you race then no point having one as it has a 2 second delay before they cut in and turn off the motor,you are likely to hit the track fence before it’s activated.Some clubs insist you have one.
A car can travel a lot of distance at high speed in 2 seconds.

You can all so kill it with the TX. Most tracks require a kill switch on a large scale or at least the ones I have run at. Better to have it then not as In my opinion it is cheap insurance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks