Telemetry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Good morning folks
I have a DX3r Spekky and was wondering if anyone else had one and mounted the sensors?
I was looking last night as to where to mount the RPM sensor but its not looking too good.
Does anyone have any pictures of the mounting positions that they have used on there truck/car?
Any help on this one guys would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
J.

Hey VooDoo...What your talking about with the TX you have and the telemetry
is more for nitro use......With the 2 stroke engines you need to use
inductive pick up from the spark plug wire..for reading RMP'S
A product called tiny tack ...not sure on the spelling.....there expensive...
Like $80 dollars USD.......Slawhammer

tiny teck's are great but expensive...just do a google search for them....
Benckie use's one on the boat......Also give's you run time used..good for any maintance
you want to do for the engine....Like every 25 hours...rering the piston.........
I have thought of 1 just for the maintanace idea.....But $80 dollars Usd...ouch
I remember when they were $59.95 Usd....thought then was high in price.......
Like I said do some thing google search for inductive pick up......you may find some thing
ina good price range....Just my opinion on this..Slawhammer

I have a speccy DX3S and was going to put the RPM sensor on the clutch bell, to get actual car speed. not done it yet, but it will need a custom mount. plan is to sandwich a plate between the gear protector and the gear plate.

if you run the numbers you should be able to calculate how many turns you need to make your own inductive pickup. does anyone know what ampage runs through the HT lead?

I wonder if the speed sensor is like the Nomadio's, uses two magnets on the thing rotating and then put sensor close to the magnet? On mine, I had placed the two magnet on the rear drive cup (coming from the diff and glued the sensor close to the magnets). On my baja, I had put on the magnets on the great big gear and put the sensor on the outside of the gear cover; worked good enough there. On the nomdio, you calculate how far it goes based on the number of rotations.

I have a speccy DX3S and was going to put the RPM sensor on the clutch bell, to get actual car speed. not done it yet, but it will need a custom mount. plan is to sandwich a plate between the gear protector and the gear plate.

if you run the numbers you should be able to calculate how many turns you need to make your own inductive pickup. does anyone know what ampage runs through the HT lead?

I thought of that but again how do you calculate the distance against speed?
When mounting it on the bell you will only see the revs when the clutch is engaged,thus giving you no idea what it is at idle.
J.

+1 Emu

My friend had the nomadio for his baja and did the same thing. it worked fine.

I have not seen the speky ones yet, but am looking forward to delving into it..

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks