The 4WD Conversion begins .....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more parts to put on the beetle
new_parts.jpg

Well i could not resist it i place my order for the marder kit i wanted the mt kit but as i rang harry at TPS he told me if i have the mt then i would only need the front tower and that i have in alloy so that saves me a few bucks

so now im waiting on the post man to bring my goodies cant wait
i even went to the nearest fg dealer and had a quick peak at the fg that they had in the shop man this thing is wicked well thought about and dam well built

Good to hear! You can probably use your old front shock tower. Maybe just drill 4 new holes if the ones in the new plate don't line up.

Make sure you cover the 3 holes in the front bulkhead with screws. I guess FG left them to oil the bearings in there which makes it easy to have dirt get in there.

Well i could not resist it i place my order for the marder kit i wanted the mt kit but as i rang harry at TPS he told me if i have the mt then i would only need the front tower and that i have in alloy so that saves me a few bucks

so now im waiting on the post man to bring my goodies cant wait
i even went to the nearest fg dealer and had a quick peak at the fg that they had in the shop man this thing is wicked well thought about and dam well built
your old MT shock tower wont fit , i wish they would . u will need the 4wd tower . i guess yours being a MT u have the side protectors ?
ill get a pic if u don't know what i mean .
fg4wd_stdf.jpg

if it has the side protectors , then they wont fit without being modded .
i had to mod mine to fit [ not an issue for me as im geting some made up at work]

Thanks for that lads is it to high then or to low if you do have a picture to see whats going on would appreciate it i did order the marder conversion kit so not a big problem but would rather run the mt set up so i can use the guards to keep all the shxt out

Thanks for that lads is it to high then or to low if you do have a picture to see whats going on would appreciate it i did order the marder conversion kit so not a big problem but would rather run the mt set up so i can use the guards to keep all the shxt out

the 4wd st/mt shock tower is half the height of te 2wd version .
front2.jpg

hyd_front.jpg

the side plates do fit with a little modding , u have to make 4 new holes in the side plates [ i wewnt thet option - rather then drilling and tapping my new chassi] and slot the holes a little where thee side plate mounts the shock tower and that.

Hey jasrix thanks for the photos i was looking at yours and ye it dose look smaller and now you have confirmed it for me cheers well im just going to use the tower ive got if its possible i will chop it up a bit and make the dam thing fit lol let you all know how it turns out

Which radio tray are you using there? Is it the one for the 4WD they have now. (68414)

I'm wondering if I should get that one or the carbon fibre version. Just not sure if the holes still line up. I'll have to check it with a old FG chassis I still have I guess.

Which radio tray are you using there? Is it the one for the 4WD they have now. (68414)

I'm wondering if I should get that one or the carbon fibre version. Just not sure if the holes still line up. I'll have to check it with a old FG chassis I still have I guess.

yup i sure am .

Hi so today the kit arrived man it was like me birthday all over again lol
well i just could not wait to get it started reading threw the instructions and all as you do.
so for today i have mounted the diff house,s front and back with the belt channel in place i noticed that there was a chance off getting dirt into the belt channel so i used i silicon based packing the stuff you use for the gaskets so that's done one more thing as i was trying to check if all was good the belt was rubbing on something it runs freely but i here the belt turning is this ok i checked and checked if i did it all right and it fits perfect but still the sort or rubbing noise of the drive belt some where in side

any surgestgens would be appreciated thanks

It will make some rubbing noise. Just make sure the belt it seperated buy the long plastic channels going down the center. If not then the belt grooves would rub against each other.

So all most done just need to check on something i used the shock oil that was provided with the kit. The 2000 oil so on the back the 2000 and in the front i used on one shock the 2000 and the other front shock the 3000 i thought it was i bit to soft for bashing so im going to do the other front shock with the 3000 as well but i need to know if the blue shocks go on the back and the purple go on the front sorry for the confusion but i would like to get it sorted for my Sunday bash lol any tips would make me a happy basher lol
don't forget i have the marder kit and changed it in to the mt with what i had here

Attachments

• 14052009646.jpg
    14052009646.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 14052009647.jpg
    14052009647.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 14052009648.jpg
    14052009648.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 14052009649.jpg
    14052009649.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 15052009650.jpg
    15052009650.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 19
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks