(the First?) Rovan 4X4 Baja 30 Degree North electric

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3illmesmart

Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Here is the latest project I put together. After playing with the electric conversion in the Baja 5B, I pulled it out and put the electric setup in my Rovan 4X4. The transmission on this with the 4WD use the power much better, and I still have punch set down to 1, but it does sound like a can of marbles with the outside gears.
None of the conversion kit fit, this baja is way wider than an HPI and the transmission is different, so I made a motor mount plate and a shaft and that was it. The conversion kit included brackets to bolt and reinforce the chassis, but I believe Rovan is using the metal roll bar as a strength link as there was nothing beefing up from the original chassis to the engine plate. I had made some mounts when I put the Rally body on, so I had a good start installing the 30DN body, after I wrapped my head around assembling the cage. I 3D printed a couple of cage bars for the back, but 1 broke, so I sacrificed the rear cage parts and removed the center cross bars.
These Genisis Cross cutters are the only wheels I have that give any kind of bite, and only on grass, nothing doesn't spin on road.
I am experimenting with 3D printing TPU (flexible) bumpers.

30DNRV01.png

30DNRV02.png

30DNRV03.png

30DNRV04.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks