The Lunchbox Family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

We got our youngest a Lunchbox for his birthday last year & he loved it! The older 2 have been after 1 ever since so I treated them and they were delivered last Thursday (youngest got a new bike for his treat so wasnt left out!) :D The 2 new 1's are running with the newly released Code Core RC 2ch 2.4ghz sets and they seem decent enough for under £40. The eldest has been out for the weekend and wants to build his next week but we got the 1st lunchy built up yesterday and it was off to the park for a couple of hours! We couldnt wait for the painting so that will come later - this 1 will be yellow and the unbuilt 1 will be either red or blue! I wanted them to go for red, white and blue then it would be the Italian Job Lunchbox Edition :lol::lol: The kids had a great time racing, pulling wheelies and crashing :w00t: I will get some more pics when they are all done & hopefully some action pics too!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
AH now isn't that sweet the lunch box family lol
I do look the like s of theses they remind me a bit of the old tamiya clod buster,and just under 40 not bad at all for a kit car .

:oops:DOH it is a tamiya silly me:blush:

Last edited:
they look sweet andy, do the 3rd black with the red Ateam stripe :lol:

I seen 1 like that on youtube :cool2: I am leaving up to the kids tho.
I fancy getting myself a re-issue Hotshot cos I had the original when I was a kid! The FG is a bit big for racing with the lunchy's :rolleyes: Thats my excuse anyway :lol:

yeah and you're stickin to it :lol: i wish i'd kept my lunchbox but when you a kid you don't think like that :lol: what sort of price are they now andy??

They are £85 at Rossmods. I sent them an email on 30th Jan asking what deal they could do for 2 + radios, batteries, servos etc and put that I would be placing the order asap but they never bothered getting back to me. I sent them a reminder email a few days later but again no response. I sent the email to 3 other places and got replies within 48hrs. I ended up ordering from Modelsport on 7th Feb who were selling the kits for £89 but I got a deal on the other items so worked out ok and they delivered within 48hrs of placing the order :cool2: I got a response from Rossmods on 9th Feb - day of delivery from Modelsport!!

I used to have the midnight pumpkin (same chassis, different shell) and remember that thesprings lasted all of 10 mins. I think I put some rubber of sponge in the axle slide to sop it slapping about

Im gonna try the safety pin idea 1st and if that doesn't work I may just fix them in place.
Hopefully will be building the last 1 this weekend so will update the pics soon!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks