the new baja 5sc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreb

lmao. i just looked at tower hobbies and they have it there for $1991.99. good luck selling it. i would rather pick up a 5t for $1200.

they have it listed as $2399.00 retail and towers low price of $1991.99. i hope they lower the price cause i can't see they're being that many sold for that price.

I know that Short Course trucks are fairly popular, but why make something have way between the 5t and 5b. Hpi covered 5th scale before Traxxas, Team Associated, Losi or any of them companies. If they want to take it too the next step, why don't they make a 5mt. 4x4 monster truck, maybe based somewhat on the Savage, with a 30cc engine.

traxxas came out with the monster buggy many many many years ago. long before the baja. it just didn't go over very well. but i agree 100% they need to make something new and not just reskin things.

its not quite that easy. anything 2wd just takes some tweaking to an existing platform. if they wanted to make a 2wd monster they could with just some tweaking, they could even build a 2wd rally car. to build anything 4wd and 1/5 scale it will take an entire new platform, very little off the current baja could be used.

anyone seen redcats 4x4 baja buggy? not had a good hard look at it yet, but initially it does bear a striking resemblance to the baja5, underneath though they've somehow cleverly adapted the 4x4 drive from the likes of their redcat rampage / MCD racerunner.. probably why HPI haven't made their 5b 4x4 as yet, cos someone else has already done it. i agree though, it would be good of HPI to design and manufacture a 4x4 variant of some sort, eg Monster Truck or convert the other 2 trucks (5T and SC)

i know they are different mfg's but you can order then from nutech. i was on nutech's site and they had them listed on there. and $1349 for the new baja is alot better price then the first one they had up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks