The Postman came

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetwise

Woo Hoo
My gears came in and the red clutch spring :D
Will throw on the 16T and the 48T gear for now, will leave the spring for another day.
It is Hoofing it down with rain though, but im still of to the park :D
I've put the Baja wheels on so im expecting this thing to be dramaticly better than what ive been used too :D

good old royal mail eh! i was wondering if you'd get it, the night shift must work hard lol.. u enjoy it mate, with low gearing like that and smaller wheels it'll be lively :rolleyes:
i run marder sized wheels on my MB, i changed the gearing though to 19/44 and 16 on the layshaft, seems a suitable combo for its power :)

good old royal mail eh! i was wondering if you'd get it, the night shift must work hard lol.. u enjoy it mate, with low gearing like that and smaller wheels it'll be lively :rolleyes:
i run marder sized wheels on my MB, i changed the gearing though to 19/44 and 16 on the layshaft, seems a suitable combo for its power :)

Wholey cow this thing is nuts !!!! lol
Yep, was a different car all together, fast of the line is an understatement :D
wet and raining so no traction what so ever on the tarmac but on the gravel man she was fast !!!!
:D

hmmm, i've bought both samba and jetpro in the past. had the samba... and the still got the jetpro... can't really comment on anything else as i've never owned em! which ever one you choose mate, it'll certainly make it zip about much quicker. i looked at price at the end of the day as the performance difference is, well practically feck all to be honest (between the two i bought anyway). i first fitted the samba on the MB and it was good (loud though), then bought the monster of a jetpro exhaust, and i reckon it had an edge over the samba. you'll be astonished by the performance difference an aftermarket exhaust makes to a stock one!

:drool::drool::drool::drool:
ok stop enough with the teasing.....:lol::lol:

wont be until the sumer and after the wedding:w00t:

Have no idea which i want, my guess is it will come down to price, i have a full beatle shell and don't want to cut the back out, it sits on the under tray which i like as it keeps 80% of the crap out !

i had the jetpro and dom on my MB, prefered the jepro over the dom due to noise.

jetpro for the baja though I think is crap, no bottom end performance, got a vrc on my 2wd fg baja and nothing even gets close to it, best performing pipe ive ever had.

i had the jetpro and dom on my MB, prefered the jepro over the dom due to noise.

jetpro for the baja though I think is crap, no bottom end performance, got a vrc on my 2wd fg baja and nothing even gets close to it, best performing pipe ive ever had.

Agree with you there Sohan.My Jetpro was utter kak on acceleration but top end was great.As soon as it hit top end it was time to hit the brakes.

It get's on the pipe @ 1.22 ,you can hear the change.
J.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I've never seen another jetpro for sale like mine since?? It's huge and nothing like the shorter stubby ones I've seen tucked under the wings of marders and baja's.

plenty of better exhaust options out there than a jetpro!

Samba or VRC would be the pick of the bunch.

No Way!

Samba is too damn expensive for what it is. The Victory pipe seems to be pretty decent, but it's almost a 100 bux more than a J/P... That's alot of cash!

He's looking for a pipe for his Beetle, the Jetpro is the only pipe that fits perfectly under the shell, plus the JetPro has won several land speed records... Neither of the two aforementioned pipe have done anything even close.

Last edited:

Dino (owner of JetPro) makes 4 different pipes for the hpi's. They all have different power characteristics. It's unfair to compare a version 1 hpi pipe to a version 4... They were each designed for different purposes.

There is absolutely no reason why you guys should be comparing a Beetle pipe to a hpi pipe... Damn! The only similarities between the two are the name stamped on the pipe. poop even the motors are facing different ways.

There is a big difference in performance from a Marder pipe to an MT pipe. The Marder is a down low pipe and the MT is a top end pipe. The Beetle pipe is a mix of the two... Even though the 2 pipes look very similar, it's unjust to compare the two, as they were made for different purposes also.

Considering he [Streetwise] doesn't want to hack away half his body... (That just eliminated the Samba, the Vrc and the FG pipe.) Plus if cost is a factor, the J/P is about 100 bucks cheaper than the Samba and the Vrc pipe... Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

Voo2Doo, You put a top end drag race pipe on your 5t and wonder why it doesn't have any low end power? Pfft.

Everyone that I have talked to about ANY Jetpro pipe has had nothing but great things to say about them... If anything negative was said, then they either didn't own a J/P or bought the wrong pipe for their application.

This hobby is expensive enough without having to dump an extra hundred bux (70 Quid) on a pipe that doesn't fit the application, because one was influenced by uninformed forum members. Sorry if this pisses you guys off, but it needs to be said. No hard feelings OK?

On a parting note...
My buddy HAD a Samba on his MT, while it was a decent enough pipe, I would smoke his ass anyday with my JP. He now has the J/P MT pipe...

my comments trip were specific to FG usage.

i hope he doesn't end up with the same jp pipe i have coz its rubbish, up top brilliant but low and mid is pathetic.

the victory is more expensive for a reason, it out performs the jp in every rev range, trust me I have both.

the only jetpro i liked was the v2, the big one that wraps around the front of the MB, even fitting that one though takes modification because you need to install longer body mounts in the front to ensure the body clears the pipe.

don't get me wrong that pipe there is excellent, good down low and as always jp is excellent up top. excellent mounting system too. i just hope he doesn't end up with the same jp I got that tucks under the rear end coz its crap, when I upgrade to a victory or VRC im throwing it in the bin, not going to try and sell it coz who ever buys it aint going to be happy with it.

Dino (owner of JetPro) makes 4 different pipes for the hpi's. They all have different power characteristics. It's unfair to compare a version 1 hpi pipe to a version 4... They were each designed for different purposes.

There is absolutely no reason why you guys should be comparing a Beetle pipe to a hpi pipe... Damn! The only similarities between the two are the name stamped on the pipe. poop even the motors are facing different ways.

There is a big difference in performance from a Marder pipe to an MT pipe. The Marder is a down low pipe and the MT is a top end pipe. The Beetle pipe is a mix of the two... Even though the 2 pipes look very similar, it's unjust to compare the two, as they were made for different purposes also.

Considering he [Streetwise] doesn't want to hack away half his body... (That just eliminated the Samba, the Vrc and the FG pipe.) Plus if cost is a factor, the J/P is about 100 bucks cheaper than the Samba and the Vrc pipe... Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

Voo2Doo, You put a top end drag race pipe on your 5t and wonder why it doesn't have any low end power? Pfft.

Everyone that I have talked to about ANY Jetpro pipe has had nothing but great things to say about them... If anything negative was said, then they either didn't own a J/P or bought the wrong pipe for their application.

This hobby is expensive enough without having to dump an extra hundred bux (70 Quid) on a pipe that doesn't fit the application, because one was influenced by uninformed forum members. Sorry if this pisses you guys off, but it needs to be said. No hard feelings OK?

On a parting note...
My buddy HAD a Samba on his MT, while it was a decent enough pipe, I would smoke his ass anyday with my JP. He now has the J/P MT pipe...

Trip, i know it says no hard feelings but your wording in this is rude and offensive in my opinion and now I need to say something.

Second paragraph "absolutely no reason why you guys should be comparing a Beetle pipe to a hpi pipe" i never did this, your going to have a dig at someone get your sh*t straight.

I had the big pipe on my FG MB and loved it, the point I wanted to get across was if you are thinking about the smaller jp that tucks under the rear wing don't. Couldnt care less if you agree with me or not, thats my suggestion and the suggestion wasnt made to you, its a forum and were completeley entitled to give our opinion, don't like that stay off forums.

im not aware of how much, if any of the body needs to be modded to fit a VRC/Victory/Samba, thats something streetwise will need to looking into before making a purcahse.

as for cost streetwise needs to make that decision, i put suggestion on what I belive to be excellent performing pipes and what i think does not. it will be more expensive in the long run if he is not happy with performance and chooses to upgrade again late, something im having to do, i was trying to save streetwise the hassle and expense that im experiencing.

overall jp is a great company and dino who ive had many dealings and discussions with is an awesome bloke. very helpful and when i spoke to him about my concerns with my pipe even offered to work with me to develop a new pipe, doesn't get much better than that!

Now because the people youve spoken to are very happy does that mean everyone who has ever purcahsed one is happy? and because a couple of us disagree with your thoughts on jp overall does that deserve to be put down in the manner? My opinion no it doesn't, its our opinion.

Uninformed forum members? How did you come to that conclusion? Are you fully up to date with mine and James history/experience with large scale? No your not. Ive been into large scale for almost 2 years, James allot longer than that. Done over 50 tanks in a FG MB, over 60 in a FG Baja 4WD and over 10 in a FG baja 2WD, I have run a dominator, genuine FG pipe, JP v2, Jp for baja, some modified cannisters and a home made power pipe. Does that make me uninformed?

Until i read this post I had the upmost respect for you, as I do everyone else here, absolutley none anymore. Before you put down or be-little another member claiming they are uninformed etc do a bit of reseach on their background.

Streetwise going foward do some reasearch and see what you think fits you best and the reason for your choice, we here will be more than happy to comment on your choice with our experieced thoughts. At the end of the day we will only suggest what we think is best though our experiences, uninformed or not.

Have fun.

That wasn't meant to be slamming you alone... It was meant to slam you both!

I couldn't care less about all the poop you just typed... I was simply stating a fact that the Jet Pro pipe comes in many different style and variances.. There 2 Monster Beetle pipes. Silenced and Unsilenced. There are 2 Marder pipes. Silenced and unsilenced. There are 3 MT pipes, (The version 2 wraps up to the front shock tower) and the rear version (V1) both in silenced and unsilenced... There are 4 (at least) versions for the hpi... Now that being said, it is unjust to compare any of those pipes against each other. There were all designed to do different things at different rpm. Period.

I also couldn't care less about your length of R/C time or fuel consumption, it's irrelevant. I was stating a fact, uninformed members (You and Voo) should feel free to make you opinions known, but to bash a product that may be the perfect fit for another is asinine.

If you get butt hurt over this than so be it... I am just tired of watching so called "Experienced" members give bad information to new members. I have seen it more and more recently and I'm getting sick of it. I am making a stand, if you don't like it tough! I am standing up for the new guys that are trying to learn something...

I remember when I first got started in this hobby, I too was confused and I didn't know which way to turn. The new members now are being spoon-fed bullshit just like I was 4-5 years ago... There is no sense in that. If you have money to blow on pipes and whatever else, then good for you, but the rest of us don't have money falling out the poophole.

My original comment was stated to make a point. The OP said he was short on cash and didn't want to hack his body. The only pipe that is cheap and will fit under the body is the JP.

You're right, you shouldn't have been slammed with the post I put up. It really wasn't meant to be directed at you alone, I was trying to address you both. My apologies.

Ya know I used to come on here to have fun and shoot the poop, now it's just too damn sissified! There's wackos scamming people and lying about it, threads being "Modified" without the OP's consent and now I have to be careful how I word things so I don't hurt someones feelings, what a bunch of BS...

If you don't like me anymore, so be it. If others think I'm a peepee, so be it. I am who I am. If you lost respect for me... OK. I never asked for it to begin with. If you have questions, ask, I'll still answer them to the best of my abilities.

This is a PUBLIC forum, a place to sit around and talk about toy trucks! Damn, it's not like it's important. We're not curing Cancer or solving world hunger, quit taking yourselves so seriously...

I used to come on here to have some fun and cut loose, now it's more aggravation than what's it's worth.

You think JetPro sux, fine don't buy it!

Last edited:
OK Guys, thanks for ALL your input.

Lets not blow this up any further. There was plenty of interesting views about various pipes.
As i said, it wont be until the summer before i get one and will be researching which one i want based on what you all have said regarding cost / performance and space under the body.

Cheers.

@ strretwise

I have the dom torque pipe mate & i have the FG MB Pro & it fits fine with no trimming of body needed :)

power is insane.. as soon you hit about 1/4 throttle it feels as if a powerband kicks in ^^

however you will need either a wheelie bar or skid plate, i made a skid plate out of 5mm alluminium to protect the rear of the pipe as it wheelies alot ^^

Stay cool Trip - please.
I enjoy your banter, amongst the other regular jokers, sorry contributors, when I'm feeling a tad down, 1,000's of miles from what I know as civilisation, even if it's called St Helens, UK.
Hang in there mate.
Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks