The Secret of Engine Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is made by carson the 23cc pt engine and smartech just put there name on , Rc online de use it in a cheaper version marder now ! But only in the cheap one , its also in all the carson touring cars . Your right mate its a three bolt with no upgrades but you can get heads and rings &stuff but its not worth it as you can buy a cy or zenoah off eBay for less than a repair , I have the smartech spider and I'm just gonna rally that we engine until I get an engine ready to replace it but you need the gear carriers , gears , lay shaft , and engine mounts as the pt engine is different in those areas .

Smartech

Hi mate did you fit your kill switch ? If so !
Wasn't your engine running sweet before then ? Remember you couldn't get your engine cover off ? How did you go with that ? Did you link it to a third channel ? If so make sure you haven't killed it with 3rd channel and forgot to turn your kill switch off again ! Check your install , and see if it will start with the kill switch removed completely !
I am awaiting email from the manufacturer of the 28cc and 23cc pt engine carb factory settings so we can put them up for everyone's benifit they usually don't take long I will post them for all to see as soon as I can !
Cheers
Rob

Smartech spider 23cc and smartech UNO 28cc pt engine

Hi mate just received this email from hobbythek in Germany
Dear Robert,

the serial setting of the H and L needle is one turn open. But we recommend to start the engine, then open the throttle a little bit and adjust the needle by ear. The serial setting often has to be adjusted, because the carburetors are hand-made and therefore every caburetor is slightly different.

The settings of the 23 and 28cc engines are the nearly same.

Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Sales Manager
Viktor Marz

RC-Car-Shop - Hobbythek
Nauenweg 55
47805 Krefeld
Germany
Tel. +49 2151 820200
Fax +49 2151 8202020
http://www.rc-car-online.de

Hobbythek R. Sturm e.K.
Sitz d. Gesellschaft: Krefeld
Registergericht: Ag Krefeld
Registernummer: HR-A 3134

Sparkasse Krefeld BLZ 320 500 00
Konto Nummer: 94 0047 85
Swift Code: SPKR DE 33
IBAN: DE97 3205 0000 0094 0047 85

Hope this helps

Smartech spider 23cc and smartech UNO 28cc

I followed the explanation,and the video but I do not know why I have trouble every time to to start my engine
the prosses i do:
fuel ok half tank
spark ok i replace with new one
i open the chock (the read buton on 9:00-horizontal position)
i pump
i move the chock to vertical (6:00 )
no signal (i tray 5-8 time with the pull start)
car type smartech uno 28 cc
what is it so hard ....:mad:

Hi mate did you get your UNO started ?

Spider

Just checked my spider needle screws I didn't have any probs before with them but I just checked and I've been running both my needles at 1 and a eighth out each you'll notice when you screw both in fully that the high speed needle sits horizontal and low speed vertical ! I do play with my low speed now and then but maybe like hobbytheck says they need a tweak now and then as the carbs are all hand made . Doesn't sound good for the smt carb tho in my mind as it sort of suggests they don't hold a tune very well but I've enjoyed my little pt engine and that's all that matters for a lot of people !
Did you get the UNO going mate ?
Rob

first sorry about the delay
just on friday i go with the car and i update you
DoggyDogg:
I want to thank you very much for the information, and investment -Great desire to help:)

Last edited:
It is made by carson the 23cc pt engine and smartech just put there name on , Rc online de use it in a cheaper version marder now ! But only in the cheap one , its also in all the carson touring cars . Your right mate its a three bolt with no upgrades but you can get heads and rings &stuff but its not worth it as you can buy a cy or zenoah off eBay for less than a repair , I have the smartech spider and I'm just gonna rally that we engine until I get an engine ready to replace it but you need the gear carriers , gears , lay shaft , and engine mounts as the pt engine is different in those areas .
but thay just store how can they use engine(use it in a cheaper version marder now )?its came from the factory-No?

Last edited:
ok
so i try to start the engine its not starting
the prosses i do:
1-the pump is full with fuel so i live it as it
2-the chock are on vertical Position
3-i start with the pull start 3 time its do not start
is it me ? or this car engine are Problematic (i have the car one year)

Hi mate

ok
the prosses i do:
Hi mate !
Wasn't your car going ok before you tryed to fit your kill switch ?
Did you put in a new spark plug ? Check your air filter , carb and exhaust to see if everything is tight ! Set your needles as per the email I got from hobbytheck ! I done it on my spider and one screw open on each needle starts my spider so they must be right but , can you tell us if you fitted your kill switch and was the car running before hand and sorry for saying mate !
Could you start a new thread on your problem as this thread is for tuning information and its getting blocked up by us !
Cheers
Rob

Hi mate !
Wasn't your car going ok before you tryed to fit your kill switch ?
Did you put in a new spark plug ? Check your air filter , carb and exhaust to see if everything is tight ! Set your needles as per the email I got from hobbytheck ! I done it on my spider and one screw open on each needle starts my spider so they must be right but , can you tell us if you fitted your kill switch and was the car running before hand and sorry for saying mate !
Could you start a new thread on your problem as this thread is for tuning information and its getting blocked up by us !
Cheers
Rob

Could be an ongoing problem why the forum is intended to?:)
If you would like further assistance to me?, I will describe what I checked

Uno

Could be an ongoing problem why the forum is intended to?:)
If you would like further assistance to me?, I will describe what I checked

Hi mate
If you want the people on the forum to help you then you have to help us to help you ! And if you want some help then people need to find your posts , and this thread is called the secret of engine tuning ? So if you make a new thread called " my engine won't start " then everyone can see your posts and comment on what they think you should check and Theyr opinion of what might be wrong ! Sorry if it sounds cheeky but were only trying to help you !
Cheers
Rob

Hi mate
If you want the people on the forum to help you then you have to help us to help you ! And if you want some help then people need to find your posts , and this thread is called the secret of engine tuning ? So if you make a new thread called " my engine won't start " then everyone can see your posts and comment on what they think you should check and Theyr opinion of what might be wrong ! Sorry if it sounds cheeky but were only trying to help you !
Cheers
Rob

I'm not sure what you mean?Regarding the "people need to find your posts"

ok
i install the fail safe and clean the stop engine connectors
tray to start the engine -no spark i replace with new the same?
What could be?

The stock black fuel line can cause air bubbles to enter the carb. messing up your tune. Use the tygon (yellow/clear) fuel line to save yourself some headaches. 3/16 OD. for inlet and 1/8 OD. for overflow return line. Most small engine shops have this as chainsaws use it everywhere. Made a world of difference on my Losi 5ive T.

For performance tuning you should have the proper distributor wrench, accurate timing light, vacuum gauge, stop watch, fuel-pressure gauge, spare jets and power valves (if using a carburetor), spark plug reader, fresh spark plugs, and the necessary hand tools.

ok
the prosses i do:

You have gap in the coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks