The snap is gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasgas

Guys got a problem with my Mt. Just got it back on the road after eight months in storage. It has the jetpro v2 pipe, stock g260 and a 2 speed.

Okay don't know if it might be the pipe or the long storage that causes it but when I gun the throttle it boggs abit then takes off. The snappy power it had before is not there anymore.

Tried different carb settings rebuilt the carb and checked for leaks on the motor and none are evident.

I read somwhere that the v2 pipe is not really a torque pipe, so could that be the problem? I really miss the wheelies with it. Help!!

Was the pipe just put on? If not, It should wheelie just as it was doing before. You must of changed out the gas to new right? Are you running the same oil to gas ratio? If so, Have you cleaned the filter? Well If so, does the V2 have a silencer? Remove it and retry it? Does the bog stay through the whole tank or just when cold, hot? Is there pressure build up in the tank? Try spinning the cap open a crack and see if pressure releases. Is the clunk at the bottom of the tank clean or is it plugged up with old oil residue?

Is the choke on?:clown:

I just got through running it again and now its running erratic.I start it and it shuts out, after playing with the needles get it to run but it stutters and won't crossover. The pipe has been on, I am using a different oil (amsoil dominator) at 50:1 ratio as the stuff I use to run is no longer available here. Filter is clean,
Silencer comes on the pipe but is unremovable. The bog is there for the whole tank.
No pressure build up in the tank.
However I did not clean the clunk, I will do that and try again, and LOL no the choke isn't on, but good looking out.

Thanks

I would recommend still running the Dominator at no less then 30:1. I run Amsoil Saber Pro at 25:1. Don't feel you will get any more power with less oil.
Change your spark plug just in case.
Check your fuel lines for air holes - Even the smallest hole allowing air will mess with the low end power.

I would recommend still running the Dominator at no less then 30:1. I run Amsoil Saber Pro at 25:1. Don't feel you will get any more power with less oil.
Change your spark plug just in case.
Check your fuel lines for air holes - Even the smallest hole allowing air will mess with the low end power.

Thanks I will follow your advice with the oil ratio. I'm so used to running gas boats that I forgot the engine is aircooled and not watercooled, we can run a little less oil and get away with it because of watercooling.

Cyclops I thought the same thing but when I leaned out the idle went high, too high for my liking. So it seems that the low end might have been just right.

Just remembered somthing. While the truck was in storage I had changed from a K&N type cone airfilter with a velocity stack, back to the stock setup which is what I'm running now.

Think the v-stack had somthing to do with it?
Although I don't like the K&N filter I will try it and see if it makes a difference.

Ahhhhh, didn't here about the KN to stock change....
It sound like it richened up with the stock set up (Filter). AS Cyclops1970 said it most likely richened the lower end. When you lean out the (L) low end the idle will go up, just back out the idle screw slightly to get it back to the idle you prefer. Do some runs and check your plug so that you are not too lean.

snap is back

She's back to normal! Ran a few tanks today with BTB's recommended oil ratio and played with the needles until it ran perfect. I think the motor was getting too hot and losing a bit of power due to the low oil I was using. Wheelies off the line hard just like it used to. Its hard to believe this motor was sitting for so long and performed the way it did today.
Thanks BTB and cyclops for all your help. Now its time for some hopups.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks