The Thrill Is Gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out around a year ago, sold literally everything I had. I had almost 10k sitting in my PayPal after ? was awesome.

Now I'm back in though, the break was nice though. Honestly sometimes it's best to just put the poop in a closet for awhile and take a breather.

I'm not finding it to be a very enjoyable hobby. Seriously, where does the fun start?
I've worked auto repair for decades. And Aircraft maintenance before that.

Actually you brought up a very important subject in the RC hobby activity & business's!

I feel that in time ,the hobby is fading away ,an has hurt hobby shops & tracks! In my area ,I had seen 3 hobby shops
go down in the past 10 years ,one was awesome an was only a few miles from where I lived ,It was Full throttle hobbies ,
they were located in a great spot out of town an had a huge track.

Now the thrill ,I had been involved in some kind of RC on & off for over 20 years ,not only that ,my life revolved
around some kind of maintenance were I constantly worked with my hands an now I have bad arthritis so I am not
too thrilled about picking up a wrench too quick anymore.

When I started RC ,I never raced or went to events ,I was always by myself ,but when I got my sister an her husband involved ,
that is when the thrill hit hard an the fun began ,we would load up are RC's every w-end ,it was a ritual to head for the hills
with are RC's ,but after they moved it stopped ,once you have been thrilled like that an suddenly it stops ,it is never the same!

Sure ,I can go out an do some running ,hit some massive air or hit those speed runs ,but it just isnt fun no more with being
by your self just watching your RC go back & fourth!

So I say ,try to find some folks to run with or try to get people involved that might be interested in the RC hobby as it
is much much more thrilling with other people ,I garrantee that you will get a thrill!...:cool:

I used to run with my brothers, a cousin and a few friends. All the time. All back in our nitro days. Yeah not near as much fun to run by yourself. After we all started settling down I took a break from the hobby as well. We has a bunch of shops around and all but one are.closed now. Kids are more interested in video games and I pads these days.

I used to run with my brothers, a cousin and a few friends. All the time. All back in our nitro days. Yeah not near as much fun to run by yourself. After we all started settling down I took a break from the hobby as well. We has a bunch of shops around and all but one are.closed now. Kids are more interested in video games and I pads these days.

LOL...I got a G-son right now laying on the couch playing a video game on his laptop ,I can even take a pic of him .he never
got up this morning an is still waded up in his blankets!...:unsure:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks