Thinking about picking one up...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I have been thinking... I would really like to have 4wd. So I have been looking at maybe picking up one of these. But, I watched a few videos and they seem slow, I mean REALLY slow! Like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDMFYJX6BM

It is almost as slow as this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3k075zI4eA

Are the Redcat's really that slow, or does this guy have his carb all whacked out? If they are that slow, I am going to need a headkit and a pipe right off the bat?! I don't understand why Redcat doesn't put bigger cc motors in them, I mean a 23cc headkit is about the same price as a 26 or 29. It doesn't make sense. But still for the price I think it is a hell of a deal.

As far as a pipe, I was thinking maybe the SS pipe for the 5b, with a silencer attached. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Trip..

They are slower than the baja with the 23cc, since they are 4x4 and much heavier. You are correct though, the 28.5 kit and an x-can or gutted pipe makes a huge difference. Look for the Phatdad videos and you will see better speed and performance. Give me a shout, I will set you up with a screamer.

They are slower than the baja with the 23cc, since they are 4x4 and much heavier. You are correct though, the 28.5 kit and an x-can or gutted pipe makes a huge difference. Look for the Phatdad videos and you will see better speed and performance. Give me a shout, I will set you up with a screamer.

can you give us a link to the Phatdad videos pls.

I just joined the forum posted by USA... They look like fun, but I hate looking like a noob... At least on here I have a rep... Good or bad!! lol. But I did post a few... I am a hermit and I just feel more comfortable on here. I am in fact one of the oldest members. (Both length of time on here and age :( ) Do you guys remember the old 2400baud modem? I didn't think so...

<~~~~~~Old fart!!
Trip..

If I do get one, I will keep my fg... I ran it for a little bit today in the snow and I had 5 people come up to me asking what it was. I need the wheelies only an FG can provide, but at the same time I would love to have 4wd to tromp through the snow and whip on Baja 5b's!!!

Is there anything I should know about them? I know I am going to have to pick up a headkit and a pipe, but which pipe? I read some posts (on the other forum) about the guy that takes 5bSS pipes and makes something of them, but how much does he charge?

I was just thinking about taking a stock 5bSS pipe and adding a silencer to the end and routing it out the back of the truck... Is that possible?

Thanks guys,
Trip..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks