Thoughts on adding a wing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dure16

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
I’ve seen a few 5ive-T trucks with a wing on the back.

Is it just for cosmetics or does it somehow help with rigidity or body protection?

If it does have a functional benefit, any specific part recommendations would be appreciated.

Little bit of both IMO but i bet the function of a true wing creating enough downforce is never going to be noticed unless your do speed runs. I will give a like for anything with a wing or a bug body.

I would say a wing is more of a " Skid-Plate for your roof."
Can't believe it would actually create enough downforce to do anything, maybe just maybe it might do a little something in a drag race application but on a buggy, little to nothing.
Not sure if this is apples to apples but, there used to a be clay oval rc track near by that was for 1/10 & 1/8 scales. Adding sprint car style wings made huge differences those guys said. I never tried the oval so no idea.

Not sure if this is apples to apples but, there used to a be clay oval rc track near by that was for 1/10 & 1/8 scales. Adding sprint car style wings made huge differences those guys said. I never tried the oval so no idea.

Sprint cars of any scale definitely need a wing for type of car they are, chassis setup etc. No wing, no down/side force and wants to go in a circles. Cant take a Nascar and not change the whole setup when they go Sonoma or any other non left turn only track. Member sticking your hand out the window? Same thing.

Last edited:
Sprint cars of any scale definitely need a wing for type of car they are, chassis setup etc. No wing, no downforce and wants to go in a circles. Cant take a Nascar and not change the whole setup when they go Sonoma or any other non left turn only track. Member sticking your hand out the window? Same thing.
Makes sense.

Sprint cars of any scale definitely need a wing for type of car they are, chassis setup etc. No wing, no down/side force and wants to go in a circles. Cant take a Nascar and not change the whole setup when they go Sonoma or any other non left turn only track. Member sticking your hand out the window? Same thing.

That is a lot of wing on top. Cut 4 feet off an airplane wing and slap it on top. Not sure of any other car that has that much wing surface area.

I would be willing to bet it would do something in the rc side of things.

That is a lot of wing on top. Cut 4 feet off an airplane wing and slap it on top. Not sure of any other car that has that much wing surface area.

I would be willing to bet it would do something in the rc side of things.
They weren't actually rc sprint cars but they were making and using similar wings as a sprint car. They ran many different on road rc cars. They were ripping around that circle. Lol

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks