Thread Taps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
So I need sum thread taps, specifically m4, m5, and a M6 thread tap. Who do u recommend for sum? Not tryna spend a tonnn of money on em, but I don't wanna them to break and I want em to make good threads. I looked McMaster Carr and there like 18 bucks per tap! No thanks lol. I'm kind of a cheap ass lol.

You said you needed M4-M6. These will get you what you want . Now the question is do you need to drill the holes too? You need specific sizes for the drill bits if you need to make the holes also. Do a Google search for a Drill & tap chart . Save it to your desktop on your computer. It will tell you what sizes you need for each tap size .

You said you needed M4-M6. These will get you what you want . Now the question is do you need to drill the holes too? You need specific sizes for the drill bits if you need to make the holes also. Do a Google search for a Drill & tap chart . Save it to your desktop on your computer. It will tell you what sizes you need for each tap size .
yes i do need to make holes. ill google the chart

I bought a set at the local tool shop.
Has taps and dies 3 - 6mm including drills.
Cant remember the price but it was heaps cheaper than buying individual pieces.

So I need sum thread taps, specifically m4, m5, and a M6 thread tap. Who do u recommend for sum? Not tryna spend a tonnn of money on em, but I don't wanna them to break and I want em to make good threads. I looked McMaster Carr and there like 18 bucks per tap! No thanks lol. I'm kind of a cheap ass lol.

It's your lucky day i'm in the giving mood. I have you covered. i'll send you the taps (and the required tap drills) for N/C. All's I ask is pay it forward and help another member in need in the future with free stuff... PM me your mailing address.

It's your lucky day i'm in the giving mood. I have you covered. i'll send you the taps (and the required tap drills) for N/C. All's I ask is pay it forward and help another member in need in the future with free stuff... PM me your mailing address.

So wait, what ur saying is, pay another member that needs it, and you send me the taps? Can. Buy em off u and then u can give the money to whoever needs it?,

No, I don't want any money, i'm saying in the future IF you have an opportunity to help another member with free parts please do so...
Ah ok ?.
No, I don't want any money, i'm saying in the future IF you have an opportunity to help another member with free parts please do so...
Not to be rude but, i do not know you personally so I do not feel comfortable giving my address. Thank you for the offer tho, If I do find someone with in need I still will try my best to help them ?

Last edited:
A off topic but a quick story... back years ago when I was adding an engine big bore kit to my Harley Fatboy I was $$ deep into this build for over $2200 just in parts. I was not very mechanically savvy with Harley's but I was making progress. I unknowingly realized that for my final assembly of the camshafts and oil pump assembly that I would need some specialty Harley tools that would have cost me another $200+ . I was documenting my build on a Harley forum and posted my frustrations. A senior forum member actually PM'd me and offered to loan me all the specialty tools for N/C and even payed for shipping, I tried to pay him but he would not accept. He told me he's loaned out the tools a few times and in return all he asked was to do the same type of "good deed" favor for another member if needed. When you go deep in a forum you become family. There's a lot of good people here, and I got a gazillion taps, mills , drills and such. If I can help you out to save some money I will.

A off topic but a quick story... back years ago when I was adding an engine big bore kit to my Harley Fatboy I was $$ deep into this build for over $2200 just in parts. I was not very mechanically savvy with Harley's but I was making progress. I unknowingly realized that for my final assembly of the camshafts and oil pump assembly that I would need some specialty Harley tools that would have cost me another $200+ . I was documenting my build on a Harley forum and posted my frustrations. A senior forum member actually PM'd me and offered to loan me all the specialty tools for N/C and even payed for shipping, I tried to pay him but he would not accept. He told me he's loaned out the tools a few times and in return all he asked was to do the same type of "good deed" favor for another member if needed. When you go deep in a forum you become family. There's a lot of good people here, and I got a gazillion taps, mills , drills and such. If I can help you out to save some money I will.
Ahhh ok ? so that makes sense! Now I know why ur So giving

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks