Threshold air filter system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTB, I can see how debris could get in where the collar meets the paper, however the body of it seems like it would work well wouldn't u think?

Chris

considering a good paper filter can catch stuff to .05 microns, it should filter very well. as long as you can keep the filter tight to the housing, which looks like it should be pretty easy to do with the filter clamp. i ll be checking one of them out at the MotoRama event next weekend in PA. may even come back with one.

Don't take it the wrong way.:no: I'm just hesitant on a paper filter. Not sure what the difference would be in a real nice K&N filter and this paper filter. I do know most auto K&N's come oiled with something like oil not sure if the R/C ones are the same.

You can rub some grease with your finger on the base of the filter, then install. That would prevent any dust from getting around it. As Timmahh said, these will trap dirt down to .05 microns. Foam filters cant catch little stuff like that. The K&N's are great for onroads. The only drawback to the paper is if you get it wet. Cover the paper filter with either an outerwears or a K&N precharger and you'll be set.

Last edited:
the diff between a K&N and this filter is the particle size it chatches. i think the K&N go to like 5 microns, where these filters go to .5 microns (1/2 a micron). IF my mamory serves me well that is.

sorry, miseed Johnnys post just above mind. must be my Titondamelon syndrom again

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks