throttle/steering adatper "Help"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

Morning,
I am going to upgrade the steering servo/and throttle/brake servo.
But I am confused if I need the adapter for both.
for steering I am going with:Hitec HS-5745MG
Throttle/brake.Hitec: HS-5645MG
Are these good choices?
Also I see that I need adapters for these to mount to my Km buggy radio box.will the following work below.http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6328/.f

Do I need anything else to mount these ?

Thanks guy's I still have not even run my buggy yet ! Have had major set backs with my health.
Thanks much.

Yup, you will have to buy the radio box kit and use the servo mount and adapter for the 5745. No matter what servo unless the original odd shaped one they will not fit in the stock holder. The other brake throttle servo if the same size will fit.

Yup, you will have to buy the radio box kit and use the servo mount and adapter for the 5745. No matter what servo unless the original odd shaped one they will not fit in the stock holder. The other brake throttle servo if the same size will fit.

Could anyone link me to the radio box kit.I have been finding quite a few and would like to know what is the best fit for my money.
Thank you.

http://www.davesmotors.com:80/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6232/.f

http://www.davesmotors.com:80/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6226/.f
Do I also need this one also?

So these are the adapters for the steering servo
And any throttle/brake I choose(same size) will work.
I think I have it all sorted out..
Voo, I am from the states. Penna
Please bear with me large scale is all new to me.I wanted make sure I had all the bits I needed to install my new servos when they arrive.I have had enough things go wrong just wanted to get some direction.
Thanks again.

I think the 1st link is sized for the servo size you are using. The second link is the adapter if you are using the bigger plate and want to use the smaller servo. Don't think you need the 2nd adapter. The 1st link is a bad photo since I do not believe it comes with the clamps set as seen in the photo.

That first link is prob what you need but @ $40 in total its an expensive way to do it.
My mate bought 1 of the second link L clamps and we couldn't seem to fit it (he too has a KM) as the KM mount has rounded inners, as you can see in the first link it is squared off.
I use a Hitec 5645mg and made mine out of some 3mm plastic, started with a retangle to fit the whole length then cut out the size of the Hitec, made 4 holes so it sits over the screw fixtures on the mount, slid the servo in and screwed 2 through the right hand side of the mount and screwed the left side though the plastic.

I'll post a pic tomorrow, just off out for a pint or 10 at the mo.
Done this now to both my servo trays and works a treat and ultra cheap.

Thanks Guy's,
Will a stock HPI radio box fit?? I can pk-up one of them swap all of my stuff over? And when I pk-up the new servos they will fit right in.What do you guy's think?

Last edited:
This is turning into a nightmare..Glad I held off on ordering my HPI radio box off of ebay.
Not sure what to do,have not even run my buggy yet!! Getting very discouraged...

This is turning into a nightmare..Glad I held off on ordering my HPI radio box off of ebay.
Not sure what to do,have not even run my buggy yet!! Getting very discouraged...

Right Bluesman,listen to your uncle James.The HPI one WILL fit!To prove a point I took the KM box out and swapped it with the HPI.
LOOK;)
Picture654.jpg
That is the HPI in the KM

Picture655.jpg
As you can see it's an original HPI.

Picture656.jpg
Thats the HPI in a KM

Picture657.jpg
Again,a KM in a HPI

Picture653.jpg
KM in HPI

So go ahead and buy the HPI box.I think dollar hobbies or jennys rc are the cheapest,they strip new cars.
Good luck ,any questions....ASK.
J.

Last edited:
Voo,
Thank you very much for all of your effort on my behalf !! Large scale is a new learning experence for me...LOL I moderate another RC forum 1/10,rock crawlers,Electric,nitro etc. So I do know the value of having helpful members and having the noob ? asked over and over.None of you have missed a beat and I thank you for that.But my quest is still not over. :) Now back to picking my servos and such..I hate to say it but I thought about selling my buggy.

I've got to agree with Voo, the HPI receiver box will fit the KM and vice versa, i swap mine over all the time plus the lids will fit either too.
I did have to grid down the bottom front location pin but this had no affect on the performance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks