tips on Pipes for 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Flag RC

Hey guys, looking for opinions on a samba pipe for my 5b. Haven't been around gassers much, but some pipes I have seen look terrible and poorly engineered, and possibly hurt performance as well. I found a samba for 150 that is dented, but that doesn't bother me. List is 300 on it. Is it worth buying on the off chance it may be broke inside for that price?
Any tips on a tuned pipe for a stock 23 fuelie if that samba isn't your pick?? A buddy told me he likes his samba. I drove his and liked the sound and seemed like it had a little more zing than mine, both buggies being stock except his has a pipe. Thanks.

almost any pipe will give you more power (cheapest easiest way to increase power is a good pipe) samba are rated pretty good from what i have read (i use a fg tuned pipe and like it overall. some pipes are better for low end and some for top end and some are kinda a all around pipe. buying anything used can be risky , make sure seller has good feed back if possible , and make a decision from there. 150 shipped is a fair price but not a real cheap price , pending its condition !!! hope this helps

A GOOD pipe will make big difference but it has to be a good pipe. First thing you need to deiced is what you want out of it. Low end middle, top end or what. Another thing I look at is how well protected it is. How bad is it dented as a bad dent will affect performance. For my style of driving I like the CPI and it is very well protected.

I swear by samba's.These are IMO,the best pipe.
Here is a quick vid of two FG's.The far one(BLUE) is mine with a Samba and the other one is a friends with a stock can,both are stock 26's. see the difference.

J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, looking for opinions on a samba pipe for my 5b. Haven't been around gassers much, but some pipes I have seen look terrible and poorly engineehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKi2DtzgUjI&list=UUzJazH2wRy1LAtjQlIW1gTg&index=17&feature=plcpred, and possibly hurt performance as well. I found a samba for 150 that is dented, but that doesn't bother me. List is 300 on it. Is it worth buying on the off chance it may be broke inside for that price?
Any tips on a tuned pipe for a stock 23 fuelie if that samba isn't your pick?? A buddy told me he likes his samba. I drove his and liked the sound and seemed like it had a little more zing than mine, both buggies being stock except his has a pipe. Thanks.
If your mates samba has a BIT more zing than your stock can than something isnt right. the samba is a good pipe on a fg but i haven't seen a 5b version.the dominator clone is a great pipe for low end and high end.heres my mates 5b with a stock 29cc 2 bolt and a dominator clone pipe doing almost 70mph

modellogic side pipe for the b is a great pipe. has good lows and revs nuts. i disabled my 2 speed so i coud hear it rev clean.

click on picture to see vid.

th_MOV01176.jpg

Last edited:
If your mates samba has a BIT more zing than your stock can than something isnt right. the samba is a good pipe on a fg but i haven't seen a 5b version.the dominator clone is a great pipe for low end and high end.heres my mates 5b with a stock 29cc 2 bolt and a dominator clone pipe doing almost 70mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKi2DtzgUjI&list=UUzJazH2wRy1LAtjQlIW1gTg&index=17&feature=plcp

Oops. I misread the title,i thougjt you said fg. I would say there was more than a 'bit more zing' than a stocker. There is one for the 5b,i have had one.I have had a large varity of pipes for my bajas and i settled for the GBE end bleed.I havnt had a better pipe. But as said in previous posts,thats just my opinion.
J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKi2DtzgUjI&list=UUzJazH2wRy1LAtjQlIW1gTg&index=17&feature=plcp

A bit more!:lol::lol::lol: Its a wipe out! Mine has the Samba,the slow one is the stock.
Oh,here is the samba on the 5b.

J.

A bit more!:lol::lol::lol: Its a wipe out! Mine has the Samba,the slow one is the stock.
Oh,here is the samba on the 5b.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ac-_sG6rdM

J.

Sounds throaty Voo.
Do the people who design these pipes ever think of the actual application - that pipe, no offence, looks totally STUPID!
How could anyone design something that bloody exposed?

Al.

Yeah...with a 2 speed
the 2 speed makes no difference to the power output/ power gain of the copy dominator pipe,it just makes it happen a bit sooner within a smaller space!
my other mate has the same baja ,same 29cc engine and 2 speed just a diffrent pipe,that does 50mph.
put a stock can or a crap low power pipe on a stock 29cc engine with a 2 speed and see if it still does 70mph!!! it wont.
i haven't got 2 speed gears on any of my cars,but they do 70mph too, just need a pipe that gives lots of extra power!
imo from what ive owned and seen ,the dom copy is the best power mod for the baja for £45! and again, imo, the jetpro copy is one of the best for the marder at £40!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks