Tires coming out of beadlocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyberVet65

Well, 2nd fantastic run! That OBR 30.5 really moves with the 990 carb and jet-pro pipe.
At the end of both runs I had to break the tires down and reset the out beads on the tires. Today I found out why. Ever seen a fuelie dragster do a burn out? Now I know when they say the tire grows. Talk to some folks and they suggested that running duct tape on the inserts will minimize this. Sounds reasonable?
What say you?
I have also learned where some folk run some silicone on the rim prior to fastening the out beadlock.
Again.....
What say you?
Off to fix tires.
Oh yeah, Love my MT!!!!

Tires still breaking outer beadlocks!

Well, 2nd fantastic run! That OBR 30.5 really moves with the 990 carb and jet-pro pipe.
At the end of both runs I had to break the tires down and reset the out beads on the tires. Today I found out why. Ever seen a fuelie dragster do a burn out? Now I know when they say the tire grows. Talk to some folks and they suggested that running duct tape on the inserts will minimize this. Sounds reasonable?
What say you?
I have also learned where some folk run some silicone on the rim prior to fastening the out beadlock.
Again.....
What say you?
Off to fix tires.
Oh yeah, Love my MT!!!!

Every run the tires pop out of the outer beadlocks. I have wrapped the foams and using Silverback beadlocks.
Any other suggestions?

I use shoegoo on the inside beadlocks & a little bead of CA glue on the outside beadlocks, with tape in foam. DDM has longer beadlock screws with locking nuts for the back. Hope this helps.

I use shoegoo on the inside beadlocks & a little bead of CA glue on the outside beadlocks, with tape in foam. DDM has longer beadlock screws with locking nuts for the back. Hope this helps.

Ordered the long hardware with the nuts and washers. Also ordered the silverback wood screw fix. I am going to solve this.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks