TLR 5ive B bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepfreak1972

Outside of the Grafil bodies are there any of the clone car bodies that fit the TLR 5ive B? I have a new Grafil body I still need to carve on to fit. Supposed to look like this when done.

Screenshot_20240211-090939~2.png
Screenshot_20240211-091022~2.png
Screenshot_20240211-091004~2.png
Super thick and hard to cut with body scissors. I really like the style compared to the stock body. It's not a drop on project and will require a bunch of trimming.

I'm also considering going his route in the future...

Screenshot_20240211-091416~3.png
This is a direct fit with their mounts. Axle extenders are needed to get the tires out to the wheel wells.

Anyway, as to the intent of this thread....what bodies fit the TLR 5ive B outside of the stock one.

I have had both of those body's, both broke in different ways. If your interested Ill send pics.

The G2/4 broke across the entire top like plexiglass from a single crash. Nearly halved the shell, but goddamn did it look good before LOL! IT IS THICK, but not difficult at all to cut with curved body scissors.

The Rally/G max body pulled the pins right through the body and bent up them flimsy aluminum angle pieces. I think this design would work for a 5 lb car, but not these 30 lb ones LOL

Just tried to get an Akill racing unbreakable body but they are sold out of black, so I'm trying this from China:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...471015&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

in my opinion, these are fugly and don't come clear...
Clone body's
https://fearlessrc.com/product/RV152122/
https://fearlessrc.com/product/RV152120/

The longest lasting body I has was the stock B body, but honestly I am HARD on em...

I have had both of those body's, both broke in different ways. If your interested Ill send pics.

The G2/4 broke across the entire top like plexiglass from a single crash. Nearly halved the shell, but goddamn did it look good before LOL! IT IS THICK, but not difficult at all to cut with curved body scissors.

The Rally/G max body pulled the pins right through the body and bent up them flimsy aluminum angle pieces. I think this design would work for a 5 lb car, but not these 30 lb ones LOL

Just tried to get an Akill racing unbreakable body but they are sold out of black, so I'm trying this from China:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...471015&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

in my opinion, these are fugly and don't come clear...
Clone body's
https://fearlessrc.com/product/RV152122/
https://fearlessrc.com/product/RV152120/

The longest lasting body I has was the stock B body, but honestly I am HARD on em...
Thank you for the response. Id like to see the pictures. Bummer they sound brittle. I'll skip the rally body but I already have the other one. Maybe I should save my factory body. Its undamaged currently. I wonder if an MCD 5RR buggy body fits.

So that Akill body... What's it made from? Looks like you paint the outside. I wish their description was more explanatory.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. Id like to see the pictures. Bummer they sound brittle. I'll bskip the rally body but I already have the other one. Maybe I should save my factory body. Its undamaged currently. I wonder if an MCD 5RR buggy body fits.

So that Akill body... What's it made from? Looks like you paint the outside. I wish their description was more explanatory.

I waited to respond until i got the Akill in person... Its UHMWPE like Rubbermaid blue totes, they only have orange in stock anymore... I used bulldog adhesion promoter, duplicolor acrylic, and 1k clear, and its holding very well.

I bet the G4 woulda held up better if I softened the edges with a torch for a moment, or did not cut out the vent... but the heats gotta go somewhere...

20240309_124052.jpg

20240309_124040.jpg

20240309_123927.jpg

20240309_123943.jpg

20240309_124029.jpg
Thank you for the response. Id like to see the pictures. Bummer they sound brittle. I'll bskip the rally body but I already have the other one. Maybe I should save my factory body. Its undamaged currently. I wonder if an MCD 5RR buggy body fits.

Thicknesses of the G4...

Attachments

• 20240309_124928.jpg
    20240309_124928.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240309_124903.jpg
    20240309_124903.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240309_125007.jpg
    20240309_125007.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I waited to respond until i got the Akill in person... Its UHMWPE like Rubbermaid blue totes, they only have orange in stock anymore... I used bulldog adhesion promoter, duplicolor acrylic, and 1k clear, and its holding very well.

I bet the G4 woulda held up better if I softened the edges with a torch for a moment, or did not cut out the vent... but the heats gotta go somewhere...

View attachment 92212

View attachment 92213

View attachment 92214

View attachment 92215

View attachment 92216

Thicknesses of the G4...
The new shell looks great. I can't wait to see the new shell on the car.

I think I'm going to do some reinforcement on the g4 before I use it after paint. I think people use some type of fiber reinforced tape on the inside. Drywall tape? I'll have to look it up again.

Could not hurt to super quickly flame polish the edges with a lighter before painting after you do your cut-outs.

Ive seen ALOT of the secret Sauce recipes. and have done ALOT of them myself... none of them work except the Pro-line basher Bodies and the Russian indestructible ones. If its not gonna live, it'll die with all the stuff stuck to the inside as well.

Had Dark Side make me the graphic to cut out, little bit of heat to make em flex, and BAM!

20240309_145251.jpg

20240309_145306.jpg

Could not hurt to super quickly flame polish the edges with a lighter before painting after you do your cut-outs.

Ive seen ALOT of the secret Sauce recipes. and have done ALOT of them myself... none of them work except the Pro-line basher Bodies and the Russian indestructible ones. If its not gonna live, it'll die with all the stuff stuck to the inside as well.

Had Dark Side make me the graphic to cut out, little bit of heat to make em flex, and BAM!

View attachment 92233

View attachment 92234
Looks sweet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks