To build a better Nutech GT5R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strick316

Ok I got my first 5th scale car. I would like to have everyones input on up-grades. From pipes to tires, add on, paint job and bodies I want to here it all. I will start with a few pic and go from here. If you have picture and how to videos please post.

Thanks
Strick
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Barry (pipeous) (or Brian as he's known to people who can't remember his name) is the nutech guru on here, what he doesn't know about them isn't worth knowing.

From what I have seen it has all the new up-grades listed. I did order from Nutechracingusa.com. I will have to go thur the car to check everything and up-grade to my spectrum radio. I will add more picture as I go. It also came with a gear I don't know what it's for I will have to do some more reading.

I am racing mine tomorrow against the fg's. tires are the most important upgrade. and some fg progressive rate springs, yellow rear red front.

not sure if they changed the shocks or not but try bottoming the front end out. see if the chassis will hit the ground with no droop screw interference. originally the shock bodies were too long. that said with the semi I don't mind. we run a rough lot and have to raise the ride height anyway.

also check the chassis for flex. the new one is supposed to be much better. I ordered another gt5r. it's sitting at vancouverhobbies but I am a bit skint right now. bought the dam motorcycle then my contract folded. haven't worked for 3 weeks and spent all my moola on the bike. got lots of riding time mind you.

not much you need to do. loktite every bolt into metal..

oh ya. change the screws going into the brake pads for fg stub bolts. the stock screws will always be loosening off changing your braking

I hope you find some work soon. I have a bike to and right now when the weather is great I'm on it, gas prices so high I don't want to jump in a car. Do you have a part number shocks and springs?

Decals

If you have the Nutech GT5R did it come with decals for the rear of the car? I thank the ones I have suck. Should have design the paint job around the decals. And sould I cut the windows out?
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
OK I thank I will do the first run tomorrow. Do the two tanks brake-in and set up the anything need. I will try to add video and let you know problems I see.

most of the screws in that kit are kind of unless u have alot of plastic parts?if you have alloy parts I actually found that the baja 5 kit hacve more scew that we need. for the nutech. or even try looking @ the ww.rcscrewz.com website.. to see what they have listed there..I personally bopught a baja kit for my nutech cause of all of the alloy parts..

most of the screws in that kit are kind of unless u have alot of plastic parts?if you have alloy parts I actually found that the baja 5 kit hacve more scew that we need. for the nutech. or even try looking @ the ww.rcscrewz.com website.. to see what they have listed there..I personally bopught a baja kit for my nutech cause of all of the alloy parts..

I will check it out. How many screws comes in the baja 5 kit? The Nutech comes with 200.

Last edited:
The nutech says 200 but that does nut include any clips or nuts that you wil get in the baja kit,you get a crap load of wood screws that u cannot use.that's why this kit is a down fall if u have any alloy anything.nutech needs to make another screw kit just for that reason.
Now if u get a baja 5t kit it has a little more screws in itnbut also your going to have a lot of screws that do not go to the nutech .for the 39 on ebay the scew kit kit is well worth it

For your care you might want to look up fg onroad also maybe?maybe that kit mighrt be closer?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks