today @ deeside... jinxed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

jus got back, i didnt take my MB as im still sortin it out, but went anyway to see the lads etc.

Think 2day was jinxed, almost everyones car had problems, A Dwarfy's runaway about 15mins in, pete had probs with his servo saver, ian & mart had tune/engine probs & towards the end (poop forgot his name! lol, but i know ya travelled a fair fkin distance to come today! :( ) but he ended up with a snapped rear suspension pole!

oh yeh... & lots of burnt hands! lmao :D

only one who didnt ave probs was Mike! ..or at least while i was there lol

one of those days i guess, anyway next time its gunna be good! :D

i aint got pics cuz forgot me cam, but im sure one of the lads will post some :)

Last edited:
Aye Dwarfy was unlucky, looks like his throttle arm screw popped out leaving the car on full throttle, he'd have got it back on the road but for his front hub was split halfway and didn't want to have more breakages.

At least PaulB had a longer running time this time around, he's now got a new motor after 2 of his other heads went tits up.

Think Deeside kills all newbies early on as Charlieboy didn't last long on his first visit.

I need to do a full strip down to find my tuning probs, wasn't running at all well today, think its some sort of fuel starvation.

Mikey's was going good though, its starting to loosen up now, Martin said you need to sort your carb setting out Mike as it seemed to be running too lean.

Did enjoy the chats though. See you all next time.

Yep, it was deffo "one of those days" !!!!:yuk: :devil:

I think the "exhaust burn" count was about 4 people! Mike did his leg too ! Nice ! And ive still got a neat circular burn on the palm of my hand from killin Dwarfys Marder !

Ah well, hoopefully next time will be better !

Aye Dwarfy was unlucky, looks like his throttle arm screw popped out leaving the car on full throttle, he'd have got it back on the road but for his front hub was split halfway and didn't want to have more breakages.

At least PaulB had a longer running time this time around, he's now got a new motor after 2 of his other heads went tits up.

Think Deeside kills all newbies early on as Charlieboy didn't last long on his first visit.

I need to do a full strip down to find my tuning probs, wasn't running at all well today, think its some sort of fuel starvation.

Mikey's was going good though, its starting to loosen up now, Martin said you need to sort your carb setting out Mike as it seemed to be running too lean.

Did enjoy the chats though. See you all next time.

o how do i set them ?

Pics as follows.....
1. Tyre needs re-glueing
2. Bolt in front bumper sheared off so new bolt required
3. Chassis bent out by about 15mm :hammer::hammer: will sort that :hammer::hammer:
4. New screw for servo horn
5. New front upright required but these were on the way out anyway

Gonna cost me all of about a tenner to put right :clap::clap: how lucky was that

Attachments

• Photo0455 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Photo0455 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo0460 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Photo0460 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Photo0462 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Photo0462 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo0464 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Photo0464 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    31 KB · Views: 102
  • Photo0467 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Photo0467 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 102
Good to finally meet up with you all just a shame we all had problems of some sort! Apologies for your burnt hand Pete :oops: Couldnt understand why the engine wouldnt cut on the switch????

Mike - that KM is nice bud & sounds fantastic :cool2:

Going to get my hands dirty this week & give it a full strip down & make sure everything is spot on before i go out again.

Good to finally meet up with you all just a shame we all had problems of some sort! Apologies for your burnt hand Pete :oops: Couldnt understand why the engine wouldnt cut on the switch????

Mike - that KM is nice bud & sounds fantastic :cool2:

Going to get my hands dirty this week & give it a full strip down & make sure everything is spot on before i go out again.

thanks mate is it running to lean ??

a good day today guys, nite to meet tizdaz,dwarfy and michaellfc95
got pics of everyones car....:blink:
team hyperpete
06062010295.jpg
team jackobyte06062010296.jpg
team paul b06062010297.jpg
team mack
06062010298.jpg
team dwarfy06062010299.jpg
team michaellfc95
06062010300.jpg
team tizdaz
had no car (bits at home):oops:

This is becoming a serious meet.
Nice photos, and vids once I could get them - download speed ain't great out here !!
That Baja's idle is very high, but looks great.
I still hope to meet you .... I've another 6 weeks and counting!!
Al.

Back