tonegawa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give up do you?

You've got to give us a little more info, like maybe what kind of large scale rc you have ;)

-Michael

Also, since the Tone is extremely strong, you will need a Alu or Carbon RC Tray.
You will ALSO need a seperate battery pack for powering the Servo.
a 3s Lipo is fine. (Edit: MAX voltage is 8.4V)

Last edited:
Also, since the Tone is extremely strong, you will need a Alu or Carbon RC Tray.
You will ALSO need a seperate battery pack for powering the Servo.
a 3s Lipo is fine.

Is this correct?:helpsmilie:
I heard using Lipo's is not a great idea in large scale because a Lipo gives its full potential till the very end and then just dropps off which could cause failsafe and signal loss problems. The NIMH and NICAD's Give less as they die but gives the user time to see the drain effect and charge before failsafe or signal loss.

you just need to be sure you have a quality regulator so nothing over 6v goes thru the system for the most part.

The Tonegawa needs a seperate power source for the Servo motor, that one can be anything from 6V to 12V(Edit: MAX is 8.4V), the higher, the better speed and the more power. It also needs to deliver something like 10 to 20Amps.

050_b2.jpg

You still need another power source, at 6V or so, to deliver power to the RX, the other servos and the Tonegawa Electronics.

I am not 100% sure about the maximum voltage and the amps needed, but that should stand in the Tonegawa manual.

Last edited:
I just read their "Please read Carefully"

here is the info:
1. Servo ratings
a. PS-050 Operating voltage: 4.8V to 8.4V DC;
Power supply current capacity: More than 10A

It doesn't need it's own battery, providing your running a decent Rx pack (ie, 6V 3000mah)

All it needs is an extra feed from the Rx Battery, or (as I did) make up a lead that has the Rx supply and an extra wire for the servo supply.

Oh yes alloy radio tray for sure and 2 X batteries!
08042007040.jpg

quick ? where did you get your alloy tray? and did the servo plug right in the reciver with no modifications? and how did you and where did you put your battarys my friend??? thanks for the help if you can:helpsmilie: im visiting my pops soon and the tonegawa distribiter in in grants pass 2 miles from pops house hopfully i can get a cash deal!

It was a KPD MULTIPLEX radio tray to start with,then I machined it to take the tonegawa! Yes the servo plugs direct into reciver, but it does need a direct power supply to power it up!
08042007045.jpg

:helpsmilie: does the tonegawa servo plug right in to recever.( do i have to do some rewiring) im useing a dx3. and all i need is a beefed up aloy tray dose any body have a stepby step showing this. and i hear i need two batterys or a 4200 battery. im instailing this on my marderbeetle:helpsmilie:

well finally the kids are old enough to play with or without me and i can finally get back into 5th scales. i have metal tray and new lipo set up but do i need a regulator to tonegawa servo from batt to servo? i have one for the recever.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks