Too much smoke ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you might have got the fuel/oil mixture a little wrong matey, i make a gallon of 25:1, doesn't overly smoke but still has that little trail behind it when i first start it and open the throttle.which i prefer, but, take heed in the smoke, it's best to have too much oil than not enough...

I think the tank's 750ml is it?? (can't remember off the top of my head) all u do is divide 750/25, gives u 30. So 30ml of oil, then add the remainder of fuel. I've seen people work it out in two different ways, they add the extra 30ml of oil to 750ml of petrol (which would make 780ml using a bigger mixing bottle) or they include the 30ml of oil as a whole in the 750ml capacity.. Either way ain't gonna make much difference.

another possible reason for the smoke is if you've left it ticking over for a long time or while you're running it in then you can get a build up of unburnt fuel/oil in the pipe. Try giving it a good blast round to see if that clears it.

As Mike says add 200ml of oil to a 5 litre petrol canister or buy a mixing bottle, fill to line with fuel, fill to next line with oil and shake. Following this just pour into your tank on the car knwing it is mixed perfectly.

Here you go.....

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-stroke-Oil-Fuel-Mixing-Bottle/dp/B001TQS5SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308586089&sr=8-1[/ame]

My Baja smokes alot and is slow can anybody help I think it might be the fuel mix I got wrong but it might also be the oil I use (I use Shell Advance SX 2 )

Last edited:
My method is I always do 1 litre fuel mix every time. You can get from the chemist shop small bottle of 25 ml. So you get the good mix and not wasting fuel, I Normally do a full tank on a run if not more if I have time 1,15 hrs run time on the full 1 litre.
I always run it dry and don’t like wasting fuel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks