too soon swap carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xraysrt6

Okay I just got my km buggy 30.5 4 bolt and was thinking of swapping out the carb to the walbro 990. Is this a waste of money? I will be keeping the oem carb for a spare of course. I am Interested in your opinions.

no its not a waste of money mate 990 is a great carb although it has no choke so starting may be a bit harder but once you have got used to it having no choke its easy

if your after more power first thing to upgrade is the pipe probably the best upgrade full stop and will wake any engine up

Thanks I thought the pipe that comes with it was pretty good would a diff pipe make that much of a diff. I am upgrading the carb for dependability as much as performance.

i found the 990 to be a worthwhile upgrade. wasnt a huge power increase i noticed, i found it was easier to start and much smoother overall. i always had a bog i couldnt get rid of, the 990 really helped that.

Great thanks everyone for the feedback. I am going to order it tomorrow. Is daves motors a good place to get it. Price wise they seem to be going for around $55.00.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks