Tools..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

Anybody have any recommendations for a good tool set for the large scales? I never needed them before, because my FG doesn't break! Since I bought a Mutilator, I've needed a good tool set like 3 times in a week!

So, what do you recommend?

Thanks,
Trip..

What type of tools are you missing? I like the "t" handle type allens. I got a set of Craftsman we will see if they will replace them when they get rounded. If not I can cut them down slowly to make them new.

I have a small set of allen drivers from Crapsman for my nitros, but I don't have anything big enough for the 1/6's

I guess I will snag up some T-handles then.. Size recommendations?

BTB what do you use to torque down your exhaust bolts? Obviously a torque wrench, but do you use a 4mm allen socket? I can't find one long enough to clear the bend in my Jet-Pro..

Trip..

I actually cut a 4mm allen "L" wrench and use the long shaft for an extension. I use a 4mm socket to turn the 4mm allen extension. Kinda back woods but works. I bet there are some real nice setups out there that would work better. I would like to be able to bend the end just slightly to get a better bite in the bolt.

yup ..good set of t-handles..metric....I have done like Bigger and cut old worn allen
L keys.....You can buy them with a 1/4 socket drive......look on e-bay..metric tools..
I know Snap-on,Mac,Matco....but big dollars there......I would rather wrench than use
electric driver....Just me on that....I want to feel the tightness by hand as to electric driver.......Every thing has a torque value.....As I have said many times..On the exhaust bolts...I tighten them..and safety wire them...Never had any problems with the exhaust bolts..when doing that......Slawhammer

I agree with the safety wire, but my eyesight is shot (blind in one eye) and I couldn't even begin to drill holes in the exhaust bolts!! lol I guess I could send them to you, with 20 bucks, and be done with it? :lol: May I borrow you fingernail polish? :lol: I think you know what I mean??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks