Totally custom 'One off' Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRobbo

Hey guys, this projet has fainlly started it started life as a normal fg, then your average joe blinger, now i have gona all out, custom chassis shocks, ts engine and all over powdercoating and mega poloshing see what you guys think...

oh and one last thing THIS IT NOT A SHELF QUEEN i do plan to bash the :censored: out of it :D:D:D

310120091990.jpg
310120091996.jpg
310120091998.jpg

Craig

nice.

nice craig
some people like alloy alone and more like anodised.
me myself would rather alloy,don't like anodised.

ts engines are class looking arnt they.
where can they be got,any links to websites?
i presume ts standing for trevor simpson engine?

im at somthing similar to yours there on my own rebuild with the complete elcon setup(drivetrain and helical gears).just put in my 27.2race ported kit,loads more ££ parts on the way next week and polishing the living s##t outa it.

check it out(fg beetle rebuild)

looks like you have a lot of work ahead there,enjoy.

Last edited:
nice craig
some people like alloy alone and more like anodised.
me myself would rather alloy,don't like anodised.

ts engines are class looking arnt they.
where can they be got,any links to websites?
i presume ts standing for trevor simpson engine?

im at somthing similar to yours there on my own rebuild (without the elcon drivetrain) i will settle for fg set up.just put in my 27.2race ported kit,loads more ££ parts on the way next week and polishing the living s##t outa it.

check it out(fg beetle rebuild)

looks like you have a lot of work ahead there,enjoy.

Hi bud i will check your build thread out, the TS engine (trevor simpson) i got from DDM, costs a pretty penny :dots:

Yours should be good, but i would personlly STRONLY sujest the elcon drivetrain, evertything is a fixed mesh so no worry about stripping gears at all

cheers man.
man that ts engine is just gorgeous.

i would love to get it eventually just have few other bits in mind for now.

i have an on road car coming next week for valentines( compliments of the girlfriend lol) its a carson 1/5th going to upgrade that going to start a new thread here for the carson too.

elcon cleon coming in may for my birthday too i was told lol.cant wait...i must have done something right for my girlfriend in a previous life lol

ahh im hooked on rc 1/5th scales.love them.

have load of parts coming tomorrow for my fg,alloy shocks,new chassis,new hydro brakes,new spectrum transmittor...loads more,if you check out my thread during the week you will see them.

my rebuild wont stop any time soon,may even get the elcon system for it too...also am getting a noz kit,stay tuned lol, seriously love a nos kit....

check out this craig robo.
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSjoo6uKPU

Last edited:
elcon system

hello craig

i liked that elcon system so much that i placed an order this morning with hobbythek myself for complete system,comes with same lower a-arms also like yours and helical cut gears.

will have it end of this week,stay tuned.

you may help me out if i have trouble fitting it.
cheers
dc2 man

cheers man.
man that ts engine is just gorgeous.

i would love to get it eventually just have few other bits in mind for now.

i have an on road car coming next week for valentines( compliments of the girlfriend lol) its a carson 1/5th going to upgrade that going to start a new thread here for the carson too.

elcon cleon coming in may for my birthday too i was told lol.cant wait...i must have done something right for my girlfriend in a previous life lol

ahh im hooked on rc 1/5th scales.love them.

have load of parts coming tomorrow for my fg,alloy shocks,new chassis,new hydro brakes,new spectrum transmittor...loads more,if you check out my thread during the week you will see them.

my rebuild wont stop any time soon,may even get the elcon system for it too...also am getting a noz kit,stay tuned lol, seriously love a nos kit....

check out this craig robo.
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSjoo6uKPU
Hi mate it all sunds good bar one thing...nitrous..just don't bother the only one i would touch is the NX WET kit, as it injects fuel at the same time so you don't lean seeze your engine.

Craig

hello craig

i liked that elcon system so much that i placed an order this morning with hobbythek myself for complete system,comes with same lower a-arms also like yours and helical cut gears.

will have it end of this week,stay tuned.

you may help me out if i have trouble fitting it.
cheers
dc2 man

Sounds good dude =] there real easy to fit and make life a doddal easier to remove the engine too!

Craig

i ordered mine from hobbythek germany,is it fair to ask where did you purchase?

they are a lot of ££

worth it in long run though,also look awesome.

cheers craig.

hey mucker i see you just cant leave that alloy alone hey:2guns: well i suppose this is looking better then the last time i saw your fg baja keep em coming mucker oh and the piggy back shocks are you going to be using them or not

Update

Here is an update on my rebuild, i haven't actaully started buildin git up but at least all the powdercoating and poloshing is done...well the most of i still need to finish powder coating all the screws(now that daunting!)

030220092040.gif
030220092048.gif
030220092049.gif
030220092050.gif
030220092053.gif
030220092055.gif
030220092056.gif
Craig

ahh that is very nice craig fair play to you.

you like your cars,like myself.

cant wait to get my own elcon d/train now end of this week.

keep up the good work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks