TR snapper clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchased this for my X2 and I ran into a little issue when putting it together. I was putting in the spring perch and base together with the supplied screws when one snapped

I found some cap head screws that fit and I was able to finish it and get it installed but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue

Yeah I knew something was wrong when I was putting them in. they were tight going in the spring perch, like they weren’t the right screws and I didn’t get to screw them in all the way, there was at least 2mm gap between the screws and the first plate
Do you think I will run into any problems with the cap head screws?

I had that issue with my snapper when I first put mine in my Baja... I didn’t snap any off but they would only go in easily about half way.. I thought they must have sent the wrong screws or something so I just cut the screws off so that they would tighten up.

I realized later that my spring perch wasn’t threaded all the way threw as it should be and ordered a new one

Dear Members,
I have been running a snapper clutch in my Losi 5 T for years.
I'm on my third rebuild and now using the upgraded carbon fiber disc set.
Very cool assembly and fun to put together.
If I had to do it over again I would stay with the stock clutch, fewer moving parts and always reliable.
Thats one of the reason I kept the stock clutch in my Vekta 5, I have all ready too many moving parts to deal with and don't need anymore.
I am just a basher so I can't see a significant difference in performance between them.
William E. Burrows Jr.
DSCN1042.jpg

Dear Members,
If I had to do it over again I would stay with the stock clutch, fewer moving parts and always reliable.
Thats one of the reason I kept the stock clutch in my Vekta 5, I have all ready too many moving parts to deal with and don't need anymore.
I am just a basher so I can't see a significant difference in performance between them.
William E. Burrows Jr.
View attachment 51364
My hpi came with this clutch
And like William I ditched it for a standard
Clutch stock 2 shoe setup??

Dear Members,
William E. Burrows Jr.
View attachment 51364

I totally agree with you sir!

? +1

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks