Track around Bolton, Ontario??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SELWA

Ok I thought I'd jump the gun to let our local Canadians know what's going on. A few of us met a land owner which Malta RC (Al) knows. Here is what he has posted on HBF so the guys on this site are aware of it. I've also added some pics I took for your viewing pleasure. :clown::clown:

From Al:

Another great weekend! Thanks to all for coming out.

Just to keep everyone in the loop. I am currently trying to scedule a meeting with a Caledon Bylaw officer to see the land and talk about any permits or bylaws I need to be aware of.

I will keep you all posted as to when I get this done and what the outcome was. If anyone want to join this meeting let me know and I will pm you any details when they are available.

As for the track, the only way I see this hapening is if we form a club. There will need to be a couple of people in charge (I am willing but will need help) you will need to join the club and pay One! annual fee and be able to run when ever you want all year untill the snow (obviously there would be hours that we cant run like late at night or early in the morning). You would recieve a members card and a key to the gate for the track and be expected to respect the land and owner by not leaving garbage and acting like an a@$hole and so on.....

For now its hard to figure out how much the fee will be because its all dependant on how many guys are willing to commit. I basically hafto rent the land from Sam for the year. There will be some expences involved like building the gate and a drivers stand and I am also thinking of getting the insurance involved (for Sam's protection). I would like to see the fee be $300 or lower for the year, any more and its not worth it. Your feedback is more than welcome as I do need to hear how everyone feel about this......

We do get the Barn in the pics with the track so there could be a potential indoor track for the winter if we play our cards rigth.

Sooo..... Post you opinions please. Let me know how you feel. Around $300 is where we are going to start (keep in mind that after I figure every cost out this number will be lowered if there is room. I want this track to be non profit and for the good people of our hobby!) Again this cost is for the whole year and not a monthly thing.

Oh, and I`m thinking I am going to need a minimum of 30 guys to join for this to happen.

Cheers,

Al

Some pics of the land we had a look at. Everything before the corn field would be what we can use.

Maybe indoor pit area??
10z4ho5.jpg

minus the garbage!:lol::lol:
zj9rsw.jpg

Keep in mind those hay rolls are over 6ft high so it's a good size!
2vto3tt.jpg

2cnvc0l.jpg

Hey Joe,
I would def be interested in this as well.....and i work in const busines, and through my many dealings im sure i could get some decent equip cheap to rent to help "renovate" the land...im thinkin like a track bobcat with a blade and bucket( works awesome grading blvds) is probably more cost effective than a small trim doezer.....
are you allowed to alter the landscape some???
I think 300 is inexpensive for no hassle run whenever you want time....
Im def interested.....

Hey Trevor,

The land owner has machines and the bulldozer you see in the pic, Malta RC has driven before. No worries though I'm sure there will be manual labour involved.

A quick old pic
2a0keu9.jpg

Last edited:
If it wasn't so distant,I would be all over the idea.I would have volunteered my time as well as my Bobcat.Oh well:no:

Frank

Good to know Frank. 5thscalecanada and I are also looking form something around Milton for us in the western areas. I saw something for lease that was 28 or so acres. If we can get 1 acre that would be nice. 2 concerns are cost and location. Can't be close too neighbours because of the sound and the dust.

I'm sure we will get out to bash together this year. There's a park we go to at Trafalger and Britannia (Drumquinn Park) Excellent location!!!

Joe

Hey Joe...
i wouldnt mind lending my hands for labour involved as well....
Wow..this could be really cool....be sure to keep us informed...
but count me in!!!!

When you goin out next...this weekend is looking sweet for weather!!!!!

Still up in the air with by-law officials that say no way. :(

On a side note I thought I'd mention we are planning a meet this weekend (March 28 & 29) at Drumquin Park. It's just west of Trafalger on Britannia across TERRA.

Here are some Drumquin park pics I took today:

Nice spot beside the parking lot and 1 of the baseball diamonds in the park
166cfhw.jpg
Terra across the street
5xsm0z.jpg
Small school beside the soccer field
k19h8l.jpg
Parking lots is dirt and gravel, in the distance you can see the Oakville flying club.
dr5t0g.jpg
Another Baseball diamond with BMX2000 beside it (Too bad it's off limits)
suzp6a.jpg

A bit of flooding past the baseball diamonds :*(

23limtv.jpg

hey joe....are you meeting both days???? or just one?? and what time???

I could meet up both days. 5thscalecanada might be with me both days as well sice he's only 10 minutes from me. I'm sure it also depends on the weather.

I was able to run thru 2 tanks today before the rain hit. :cool2::cool2:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks