Track Building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutiny1

Are there plans or basic designs available to someone who wants to build a track. Here's the deal. I am open to input from you guys (never been to a track personally), so I have no concept of how large the track should be, width or linear feet. This would be for personal use (2 cars) and open to friends whom drive Nitro/Large-Scale (2-4 cars), on top of that I would like to build it in such a location to allow "outsiders" in to drive and bash. Even going to far as to build a drivers stand or platform. At first I would have to charge as to cover building expenses (fuel and materials), but after costs are recouped it would be free.

I own 175 acres in Texas (eastern)
I have a track-how,
a dump truck,
a bull dozier
a tractor with a front-end loader
a box blade

In my area there are no tracks, except one - and it is 20 miles away and geared toward 10th scale electrics (electrics - the owner is an a-hole who despises any fossil fuel vehicle).

Hiya Bud, I'm a racer and we have 6 permenant tracks in the UK

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Most tracks have around a 350mtr length and 4mtr wide where possible and in here in the UK we use astro turf because it saves on maintenance by about 90%. Some tracks have jumps - doubles, triples and table tops, some are "flat" tracks.

Most use 2 x 40' shipping containers stacked on top of each others for race control and viewing rostrom.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hiya Bud, I'm a racer and we have 6 permenant tracks in the UK
https://www.largescaleforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60
Most tracks have around a 350mtr length and 4mtr wide where possible and in here in the UK we use astro turf because it saves on maintenance by about 90%. Some tracks have jumps - doubles, triples and table tops, some are "flat" tracks.
Most use 2 x 40' shipping containers stacked on top of each others for race control and viewing rostrom.
Hope this helps.

Mike

Yes, it does. Any and all input is welcome. Thanks.

I don't know what you would call it in the US but the track marking is 110mm twin wall rigiduct, it's mega tough stuff and ideal for the job as you can drill through it and pin it to the ground.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks