Track Testing my new Rampage TT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looker2756

I finally finished my Rampage TT. It made it almost a week in the new clean form, before I took it to the track & thouroughly tested it. I left most stock to do my own testing on what would break, or have problems. On my first run, in less than 1/2 a tank of fuel, I had issues with Rear dogbone pin, rear shocks ( first run buggy ), and trans gears. I now have MCD dogbones in the rear & MCD steel gears on the inside. I continued for 1 1/2 tanks for fuel with trashed rear shocks, with no more problems. I plan to change to HPI SS shock kits & with a few more mods, I plan to have it race worthy. I just might run this one at Diggers Dungeon / No Limit RC MT finals ....

Good020.jpg

Good022.jpg

Good026.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8S2Hvel9k

This is a great test your doing. There is not enough information over here on these.:cool2:
Lets see how do I say this....?:blush: You made what I thought was one of the ugliest bodies look really cool. Good job!:clap:

Yes always interested to know what will break first on a different model, were the shocks just leaking or something? Like the video, can see the back end bouncing like a good en! :D

Interesting. I noticed the rear bounced quite a bit but you had some coil up when you came off the jumps that would push you up and forward. Were the rear shocks having problems then too? The front looked set pretty good.

This was one of the very first Rampages to hit the U.S.. The very first ones had an issue with the "C" clips that hold the valve in place on the shock shaft. Needless to say they pop off & then you have no dampening. I knew that would happen, but wanted to see how long it would take. Looked to me like about 1 - 2 jumps & they were toast. The HPI shock bottoms will fix all of that, & I knew I was going to do that anyway. Yea, I wasn't doing to bad for haveing no rear shocks ! and in the begining of the first video you can see it pulling from the front only. Thats when the rear dogbone pin failed / fell out & I ran only front wheel drive. I kinda figure that definitely attributed to a very early gear failure. Man was it screaming though !!:innocent:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks