DBXL 2.0 Traction rollovers and setup fixes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

This is probably general RC stuff and I did read the manual's tuning section but I need someone to translate into practical how to prevent traction rollovers.

More negative camber in front? Less droop in front? Less toe out in front? What stuff should I do to prevent being upside down?

We're stock dbxl 2.0 50-100-30 diff oil front to back no toe in the front end. Stock shock fluids, (40 wt) haven't adjusted springs at all. On throttle sharp turns seems to be the worst, obviously that happens on high traction surface but is there a way to reduce the chances?

Any advice appreciated.

Your still going to roll it over regardless of the setup with bashing, pretty much what I do is be faster at reacting than it can catch and start to roll over. Let off the gas and counter steer and just pay attention to the different types of terrain your on as if it's capable of causing the rig to be too grabby and want to roll it.

It accelerates fast, it can turn while wide open, it does burn outs and power slides and stuff. It's super fun. You're definitely right that if you try hard enough you can roll any truck. My question is more regarding to front end suspension: there is lots of action there. If I stiffen the front suspension some is it going to make this worse?

It will absolutely make it worse as you'd be depending on the tires to flex and give over the ground your running on. Tires play an important role in suspension as well, so if you make the suspension more rigid the tires are called upon more than they can handle to dampen or give under conditions the suspension could handle.

Okay. So more . . . Roll and play in the suspension means the chassis can move and the wheels don't come off the ground basically and less chance of roll over. Seems intuitive. Obvious. More negative camber in the front might also help not roll over too I am guessing. But the best thing is learning how to drive as previously suggested.

You really want the steering geometry to be neutral as it will be less reactive to the suspension working and various uneven terrain. And scine were bashing we don't have a set course or expected outcome of the truck performing at its best in the steering and hooking department we tend to just leave it alone. The most I've very done was set the toe on things so I don't have to trim the servo to get the thing to go straight, if you were racing it and the track was a set type of dirt or clay then sure toe,camber can be adjusted to get the truck to handle the corners better but for bashing it's really unnecessary.

Also messing with the geometry means your going to be steering the thing non stop as it goes over uneven terrain and it will be miserable for you.

I can go flat out at 49mph with my 5t on grass or flat dirt turning no problem but it's just a very large circle.

Last edited:
driver mod
This is probably general RC stuff and I did read the manual's tuning section but I need someone to translate into practical how to prevent traction rollovers.

More negative camber in front? Less droop in front? Less toe out in front? What stuff should I do to prevent being upside down?

We're stock dbxl 2.0 50-100-30 diff oil front to back no toe in the front end. Stock shock fluids, (40 wt) haven't adjusted springs at all. On throttle sharp turns seems to be the worst, obviously that happens on high traction surface but is there a way to reduce the chances?

Any advice appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks