Traxxas X-maxx Reviews

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitstop

im very interested in the traxxas xmax, I would appreciate any comments on the xmax, to no what im dealing with on the good and negative side before buying one Thank You

You'll find plenty of comments on the Traxxas forum site, before some are removed ....
A few ESC's have vented.
A couple of upper shock mounts have broken.
A few upper shock caps have broken.
A few drive cups are breaking.

THEN .....
Check out what people are doing with it!!

OK, it's an RC, and you're supposed to have fun with it, but people are taking this 'junior largescale' onto skateboard parks, jumping it like a 1/8 buggy.

It's credit to Traxxas that it performs so well, but because of this, people are basically abusing it, then claiming its badly designed!!

I think it's excellent - run it like you OWN IT, not like you STOLE IT and you should be fine.

Al.

no matter how well its built stuff WILL break, buy stock for now, when RPM comes out with upgrades get those

upper shock caps breaking? sounds like they are having the same issues they had with the slash/stampede shocks back when the slash first came out

Don't forget people were jumping this 10 kg behemoth like a buggy, and also doing this in sub-zero (Celcius) operating conditions - plastic is more 'fragile' in cold conditions - this will exaggerate the possible 'weak-spot'.

Hats off generally speaking - there's always room for improvement.

Al.

wow, yea cold and plastic don't do to well, you are also taking a chance of damaging the metal bits (even they get fragile in sub zero) and if they are running lipo in that temp they are taking a decent chance of frying the batteries

I have a motorcross track I use my hpi Baja 5 b on and my losi desert buggy on, is that to much jumping for the xmax you think ??

motorcross track

Dirt doesn't hurt, concrete and steel does....(that is meme worthy right there):w00t:
I wqas going to say if I cant use it on a motorcross track like ive used all other rc,s it isn,t worth it, but like you said dirt, not metal or concrete

Some people appear to have been purposely pushing them to extremes - beyond what a 'caring owner' probably would.
The main idea is for fun, but some are going full pelt at a ditch, with video, then showing the damage afterwards - crash test dummies of the highest order!

You get my drift - YES I agree its a great truck, but through its ability to be jumped, recover 'wobbles' mid-air, land near-perfectly, many are pushing harder, and harder ...

You could say its a 'natural progression', but mechanical sympathy and general wish to see it in one piece again should limit how far.
Al.

I got the chance to drive one about a week ago.
I was quite impressed with how it handled, and how well it performed, for being a stock vehicle.
This truck has been through a ton with no breakage.
Running on dirt as it was desigend for is definitely good, but using some basic common sense is another helping factor.
I think that it is going to be a Big player in what people are buying and running.

I would of had one after they did the upgrade, but they still use a bad design faulty esc. For a vehicle that cost this much, you shouldnt be thinking right off the bat about getting a new controller. I've seen too may toast and take most of the truck with it. It doesn't matter if they have excellent product support. They could easily use a better controller and not raise the price of the truck that much. I guess its easier and cheaper to replace faulty parts, instead of a better design controller.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks