Trip GP290

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure but sounds like not enough fuel on the top end...like it suckin air from the fuel tank.. with the clunker jumping around inside the tank...Slawhammer

I hear a slight flutter, is that what you guys are hearing? To me it sounds like the pipe exhaust vibration. Not the pipe itself but the gasses exiting.
Just a guess...:blush:

I hear that sound on every Baja 5b video I have ever seen... I just didn't know how to describe it... I just figured it was just the sound of the Baja, although, I have heard it on aftermarket motors too?

I do not have the fluttery (is that a word?, We'll let the new Moderator decide LOL) problem... Just the lack of top end...

Trip..

To me it sounds like the power curve suddenly flattens out near the top end, would be interesting to know how many revs the GP290's will go to? Still think it may be a restriction or tuning issue of some sort....I would try another carb if you can...hell I'd lend you an 813 if you were local just to see if it can be resolved!

about the same i think. the 813 comes as standard carb on the Zenoah G240 and G270 motors, so if you buy a new RC and it has a 4bolt Zen motor on it, and your being charged for the 813 carb, your being ripped off. lol

im not a fan of the 813, to many funkyness on them. you really need to know how to tune with them imho as well. this is where most have issues with them. their lack of needle skillz hurts them.

The wt 813 has the pump...now I would recommend wt771 carb...Is the same as the wt813 but no pump...wt771 has bigger internal jets
...you make the adjustments with high & low needles.....
The wt813 is a great carb..but touchy to adjust...
I have and use the wt 813 my self.....Slawhammer

I run 2 813's on ported 28.5's and wouldn't go back to a carb without a pump, they clear up the off the line flat spot.
I haven't found them any harder to tune than a standard carb...just go rich about 1.5 turns on each needle and go leaner from there...H first til the plug is chocolate and then L for off the line punch....tiny increments for both...less than 1/16th turn at a time....you'll know when you hit the sweet spot.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks