true fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitman

has anyone used true fuels ,sold at home depot for weedeaters,leaf blowers its
ethanol free and comes in a 40:1 or 50:1 mix:cool: im curiuos about running it in a baja 5b with 26cc eng

Last edited:
Nice that its fuel without additives.
It's been mentioned here in the past that weed-whackers, etc are low-tune versions that don't rev and get as hot as our engines, and can run leaner mixes.

Going to 40-50:1 is not recommended, as there's not enough lubrication for 'our' higher revving motors.

Al.

Im going to home depot to check it out.. the ethanol and walboro carbs don't mix, it eats all those rubber gaskets up in them. I was going to use vp powermix but this is probably just as good... obviously i will be adding oil to bring it to 28-32:1

I use Husqvarna premix fuel from Lowes. I get the 50:1 95 octane. I add a little of my own synthetic oil to the mix (Lucas semi-synthetic 2-cycle oil). I use it in both my KM T1000 and my rampage XB. I have a CY F270 in the XB and the KM 30.5cc in my T1000. I notice that my motors run cooler (127 - 136 degrees) and starts a lot easier.

Make sure you do add oil - bring to 25:1 ideally if you're using the motor a lot. You might get away with 30-32:1 if 'occasionally running.
That bit more fuel doesn't have as much of an effect as that bit LESS oil will, so say the racers on this forum.

Al.

I never had anyone to race against with my car where I live. So I found the 25:1 to be more than adequate tearing across an open grass field.

Interesting find though.

They also make it in 100% straight fuel with no oil (four stroke mix). Was sold in quart and 1 gallon containers. Seen it here local at an Ace Hardware.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks