Tuned Pipe paint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be fine bud, just give it a little sand, clean it with metho, or turps, let it dry & go for it
I just painted my 35 tune pipe from Taylor rc, wanted to get it chromed, but couldn't find anyone in north Queensland Australia to do it, so I painted it metallic silver, did it in vht high heat paint, only draw back with vht high heat paint, is you have to bake it in a oven

Hi guys, will this be ok for my raw tuned pipe?

https://www.hammerite.co.uk/product/high-heat-paint-aerosol/

its began to rust so I want to treat it and then colour it black to add protection, this says upto 600ºC but I have no idea what temps the pies get to, I'm running an ESP modded engine with Olimat pipe for bashing mostly!

Any info much appreciated, ty :)
Hello, get a 800°c spray color, sand paper the pipe b4, and clean with aciton or alcohol..very easy, did it many times...👍

cool thanks guys! ..the paint im thinking of using is Hammerite (one in link above) as with this according to the instructions i just spray it on a few coats then its good to go (no need to oven bake etc). It states upto 600°c, will this be enough? or do i really need higher temp paint as with the others i will need to oven bake i guess which i want to avoid as the mrs wont be too happy! lol

But i will prep the surface as you mention to give it a good key & finish :)

cool thanks guys! ..the paint im thinking of using is Hammerite (one in link above) as with this according to the instructions i just spray it on a few coats then its good to go (no need to oven bake etc). It states upto 600°c, will this be enough? or do i really need higher temp paint as with the others i will need to oven bake i guess which i want to avoid as the mrs wont be too happy! lol

But i will prep the surface as you mention to give it a good key & finish :)
That's what i use...

Screenshot_20231231-185226_Photos.jpg

ok so i bought some Simoniz VHT black spray paint (Simoniz in UK is a popular brand for Car paints/valeting polishes etc!)

I used some wire wool to remove the layer of rust, then i used some alcohol to rub down to a clean surface, then sprayed, pleased with outcome, very smooth & matt finish which is what i wanted, it still needs the final cure which will happen once fit as you have to wait a good 12-16 hours for it to completely dry before baking it, i will let the engine tick over so it cures the spray on pipe :)

Anyway heres a few pics of before > after ^^

Before...
20231231_123346 (1).jpg20231231_123352.jpg

AFTER:
20240110_024109.jpg20240110_024129.jpg

:D

You can cure it in the oven, but watch the temperature, under 100 Celsius for 20 min, I did this twice, allowing it to cool down between oven curing
Then put it out in the sun for 5 days in a row, hot days round 35 degrees Celsius, bloody hot in northern Queensland Australia
I just did a 35 Taylor pipe with vht, muck it up 3 Times trying to cure it in the oven, I followed the instructions on the can the first time, hole thing blisted , asked google for curing information, she said under a hundred degree Celsius, gave it a little run today, it blisted a little, not a hundred percent happy with vht ceramic high temperature paint , here's a couple of pics of my pipe up
It's meant to handle 1000 degrees Celsius, bloody pig ass

IMG_20240107_162038.jpg

IMG_20240107_162033.jpg

IMG_20240107_162021.jpg
IMG_20240110_180039.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks