tuning problem? please help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

hi ive just fitted a g230 zenoha in my touring car and its starts fine, when started its spinning up the rear wheels so its engaging the clutch, ive lowered the idle screw ,but the rear wheels still spin,it runs fine when car is lifted off ground but as soon as its on the ground and has the weight of the car on the wheels she cuts out, any idea what this could be? the car does have some thick hub grease in rear diff, around 1/2 full, could this be causing the problem? cheers

With the lowered idle, and lifted up, it's still spinning the wheels?
Sounds like the clutch is catching the clutch bell - perhaps the shoe has 'delaminated' - come loose.
Perhaps the mounting screws have come loose?
Worth taking a look - my money's on the clutch!
It might be a collapsed bearing on the clutch bell mount, causing the clutch to bind.
Al.

With the lowered idle, and lifted up, it's still spinning the wheels?
Sounds like the clutch is catching the clutch bell - perhaps the shoe has 'delaminated' - come loose.
Perhaps the mounting screws have come loose?
Worth taking a look - my money's on the clutch!
It might be a collapsed bearing on the clutch bell mount, causing the clutch to bind.
Al.

Cheers for reply mate, I'm going to have a look at the clutch see what it's like

hiya mate! :)

Ive done a lil more to my beetle! ..almost ready now just few more bits on there way \o/

As atom said dude, id defo check ya clutch 1st, if the wheels spin when when its off the ground & your giving it no throttle & the idle is as low as it can be without stalling then sounds like its contantly engaged so could just be the shoes are siezed just enough to be biting, take ya clutch bell off & give it a once over, check the bolts & wont harm to give the clutch a good blast with brake cleaner spray :)

hiya mate! :)

Ive done a lil more to my beetle! ..almost ready now just few more bits on there way \o/

As atom said dude, id defo check ya clutch 1st, if the wheels spin when when its off the ground & your giving it no throttle & the idle is as low as it can be without stalling then sounds like its contantly engaged so could just be the shoes are siezed just enough to be biting, take ya clutch bell off & give it a once over, check the bolts & wont harm to give the clutch a good blast with brake cleaner spray :)

will do mate, speak soon mate

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks