tuning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxdf1584

its around 25*F where i live now, just had a few questions with tuning, when i first fire up my truck (KM T1000 30.5) it wants to shut off until it gets warmed up, im not sure if this is normal as this is my first truck. and im also afraid of leaning out the lowspeed needle too much to get the idle up. im not sure of you guys know or not, but what are your needle settings after you have got them tuned? maybe a stupid question, but the reason i ask is that to get mine to have a smooth idle, my idle screw is almost all the way turned in and the low speed is roughly 7/8ths turn out. im just worried about over leaning it, trying to be cautious. Kill switch is seat up, got outerwears on crank, pullstart, and air filter, team fast eddy 10,000k diff fluid, hostile boots, and ngk plug, still factory carb, soon to be getting a walbro with money is available.

thanks again for all your help and support!

my opinion, that stock km carb is your issue, its not a real walbro and those km's tend to fail,
reset your to stock settings H/1-3/8 , L/1-1/4, your idle screw should be set about 1mm open.
retune and watch your settings and check to see where your at.
if your still leaned out on the low side i would screw that idle screw in and richen up that low side, your gonna get some popping due to more fuel/oil but i figure you can adjust your oil mix to compansate,
and eventually get your self a walbro carb

cy carb is no good

Get that welbro carb I put mine on my km oo1 and man did it make a big change .so go for it h speed 11/2 out L speed 11/4 out that should do it for you :cup-1:

for gasket either get a stock gasket set, or the reinforced gasket set the 2 bolt styles is what your looking for,
copper gaskets are usually when you have to shim the head when your adding a stroker crank, but your engine being a 30.5 is either already shimmed or km milled the head so you don't need any.

sounds great! this forum is awesome its so nice to get such fast answers and honest help! i am literally the only person i my town of 13,000 who is into R/C, always have been. my closest R/C shop is a 2 hour drive in any direction, so thank god for all you guys! definitely appreciate the advice! so as of right now i have on order a walbro 668 carb and a 2 bolt reinforced gasket set, already have NGK plugs.

whats your favorite air filter? anybody try rb innovations pullstart filter?

i use that rb pullstart filter also, i like i have spare filters for it and the filter socks,
when installed and silicone to seal all the way around works just fine, 2 screws pop the filter off and a quick blast of air and its ready to go again,
but this is my choice there are outerwares and the slammer mesh filters out there that do the same, i don't like the slammer mesh thing because the mesh itself is to big and allows debris big enough that it could break the flywheel fins, outerwares will do a better job then the slammer,
bad part about the outerwares the velcro adhessive back strips that attach to the engine parts,after you take off the outware filters a few times to clean,the strips start to come off from the engine parts and you have to buy new strips

i think im going to get the RB pullstart filter as well, i just like the idea of it, seems like alot better "seal", im going to take it out today and run its first full tank of fuel through it, hope all goes well, so far iv only done a 15 min heat cycle at idle, then roughly a half tank of easy driving, seemed to have an air leak so i pulled carb off and checked gaskets they all look great, hoping i don't have to check for head gasket already..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks