Tuning trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hewi

Hi all I'm very new to all this and for what I've done so far has been great
To start my foster child thought it would be a good idea to screw and un screw both high And low settings so not got a clue now I managed to start the km baja without the air filter but when I put the filter anywhere near it cuts it out so if anyone of you diehard ppl can help I would be in your Debt thanks lee

Check to see if the choke is open all the way. Try H speed needle 1/12 L ow speed needle 1 14 turns and go from there.

Like Jammer said:
Turn both screws all the way in slowly until they stop. Do NOT overtighten, stop as soon as they touch and then turn them out the number of turns he mentioned. Should start and run from there just fine tune in tiny increments from there starting with Low and then High.

Dear Members,
I have experienced the idle change on it's own from high to low.
Most of the time in was caused by an air leak from a bad gasket. It was hard to pinpoint the leaking gasket so I usually replaced them all except the head gasket.
One time a found a worn out butterfly arm, idle would vary by wiggling the throttle linkage arm. I change out the carb. with one that had bearings supporting the arm.
Tuning is endless so enjoy the challenge.
Best Regards
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Street Reaper

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks