Turtle racing vs Bonehead symsteer, pro / cons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Turtle steeringkit on my Baja and i am a little curious how symetric steering from bonehead is to compare?
Baja is not known for its good steering right ;) haha.

View attachment 82947

From my understanding it's better, it's alot to setup but I haven't heard any complaints. Are those the alx arms also, good luck with those, they should have been on hold before he released them fully.

Most of the issues with the crap steering is from having a bad front to rear balance, hardly any weight up front. The stock set up, undeniably, sucks, but don't expect by changing to sym steer you'll get the oh my effect.

Most of the issues with the crap steering is from having a bad front to rear balance, hardly any weight up front. The stock set up, undeniably, sucks, but don't expect by changing to sym steer you'll get the oh my effect.
Your right ib the first half but I was very surprised on how big of a difference going from the stock garbage to the tr bellcrank made. Can't speak on sym steer tho

From my understanding it's better, it's alot to setup but I haven't heard any complaints. Are those the alx arms also, good luck with those, they should have been on hold before he released them fully
Okey okey, looks interesting :) but i have to drive it with the Turtle more before I check over the steering.

My arms are Kraken X2E :)
ALX "kraken" arms don't hold for poop?
Yea thats what i was thinking too, putting some weight in the front! tho i run a ESP 30.5 atm so i guess its not super important to do that yet..
for a bigbore wheelie machine, some extra weight cant hurt lol

I'm running symsteer but not the full bonehead kit. Just the bonehead-rovan carbon top plate and a rovan alloy sym steer bell crank and a set of fonzie turnbuckles. It allows the steering full turn left and right and I have to limit the travel on the transmitter. If your rig is going to stay light nimble and be a wheelie machine there is no need for more steering turn radius. If you decide on a rear diff locker you'll lose all the extra steering capabilities in that alone. I'm running a steel cage with a bigbore with tons of weight up front so a 5th servo was needed for my build. My car stays planted for the most part but am still taking wide passes for the turn around due to my locker.

I'm running symsteer but not the full bonehead kit. Just the bonehead-rovan carbon top plate and a rovan alloy sym steer bell crank and a set of fonzie turnbuckles. It allows the steering full turn left and right and I have to limit the travel on the transmitter. If your rig is going to stay light nimble and be a wheelie machine there is no need for more steering turn radius. If you decide on a rear diff locker you'll lose all the extra steering capabilities in that alone. I'm running a steel cage with a bigbore with tons of weight up front so a 5th servo was needed for my build. My car stays planted for the most part but am still taking wide passes for the turn around due to my locker.
Okey sweet! good info, thats what i was looking for :)

Thanks alot!

I got the Turtle steeringkit on my Baja and i am a little curious how symetric steering from bonehead is to compare?
Baja is not known for its good steering right ;) haha.

View attachment 82947
I bought a Chinese made symmetrical steering system from Ebay for 75 bucks the only thing I did to it was change out the turn buckles to the Fonzie ones. It’s like night and day it has a much tighter turn radius and I’ve also beat the crap out of it and haven’t had any issues with it as of yet. it’s been on my ride for almost a year now. 🏎BDECB4A0-755A-4702-B3AA-20DE145CCDE3.jpegCD99AF7E-09CB-4892-91B8-972E70D66918.jpeg

just installed the same a week ago but haven‘t tried yet. fitting everything into the tiny radiobox was PITA but i made it. also some people complain about too soft of servo saver spring and recommended to change to FG 6025/02. ddm sells it
73C89682-1D08-4AFF-BF58-E12EADE9AA1D.jpeg

I would try it first I haven’t had a problem with the spring I could just be lucky or maybe the springs are doing what they are supposed to do. why waste money if you don’t have to. FG obviously makes good stuff but I found so does a lot of the Chinese companies because most of the stuff‘s made over there anyways and just sold to the named brand guys. I did end up buying the bonehead carbon fiber top plate for my truck because I’m doing the carbon look.
Let’s face it nothing nowadays is just simple bolt on you gotta modify or adjust almost everything but that’s half the fun.🏎

Back