Tutorial on Eclon clutches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colby66

I just received my SS and spent all weekend on it ... on FastEddy's tutorial 90. I bought a good many hop-ups including the Eclon clutch. I got the clutch assembled but am really unsure on how to remove the stock one and put the Eclon in. Anyone know of a tutorial showing this or perhaps some steps on removing the existing one ... I just didn't want to start undoing screws, bolts and springs not knowing what I was doing. Thanks

Having just assembled one I will direct you to the resources I used.

One a video on YouTube I could not get any audio but the video shows you how to put it together.

It was very helpful from a visual point of view.

Tools you will need.
2.0mm alien wrench For set screw.
#10T Torx wrench for the screws that hold the posts that the set screws go in.
LOCTITE
HPI flywheel puller - Only if you still have the old clutch installed.
Wrench.

Assemble the clutch like the video, screw in the set screw until you feel it touch the brass button on top of the spring on each shoe. The the settings I have seen are any where form one full turn to 1.5 turns for the set screw after contact.

Now place the threaded bolt in the clutch from the side that has the cut edges like a bolt head. Placing the end with the alien wrench in first. Then screw it in until it even with the clutch end. Screw it in place and tighten it down like in the video.

The video does tell the story. Too bad the clutch doesn't come with instructions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks