Twin throttle/brake servo help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantera2075

I'm finishing building my Marder at the mo. I'm running a digi 4 on the steering, a coreless digi futaba on the front hydros and a crappy analogue to power the throttle and transmission brake.

Old 27 meg tranny and receiver.

Thing is when I hit the throttle, the analogue does the right thing, the brake digi puts the brakes on. Servo reverse obviously won't help. I flipped the red/black wires on the analogue and it blew my receiver (No probs, got loads).

How do I reverse just one servo?

simplest way would be if you can swap the linkage to the other side of the servo. if not, you need to open up the servo and swap 2 wires on the potentiometer and the wires on the motor. as said, there is a how to posted.

simplest way would be if you can swap the linkage to the other side of the servo. if not, you need to open up the servo and swap 2 wires on the potentiometer and the wires on the motor. as said, there is a how to posted.

Thanks for that guys, i'll go and have a fiddle.

I would be very cautious about running 1 of these with an old 27mhz tranny. AM frequency is prone to interference and I would do a range test at your bashing venue before running. Even running with a good 40mhz set can be a bit of a mare depending where you are running. Went up to the ross mods track with Ben & his servos were glitching like mad making it too dangerous to even start the engine.......
A new tx may be a wise investment. You can pick up the Ansmann W3 3ch 2.4ghz set for £56 which has good reports on here from a few guys. Would be worth thinking about. It would solve your servo reverse problems too!!

http://crawlcanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350

there's how to reverse a servo. it is very easy with a soldering pencil. hell I've done it with a big gun.

I have never tested it, but have read so many times that digi servos are not supposed to be used with an am radio, it's not worth the risk. you spend all that money on servos, go get a remote kill swich and even a budget 2.4 ghz radio and protect your investment. once you have taken the dive into a nice rc. even another $200 isn't that much

someone should make that thread a sticky. could even ask Al if he minded it being posted here straight up. I am sure he wouldn't mind because he posts fixes and mods for people to use. He also has a cool mod for dx3 radios to save on power consumption

Thanks for the input guys. I just swapped the throttle/brake rods over in the end, seems to work fine.

27 meg is only very temporary as Core RC stick controllers are out of stock everywhere at the 'mo - I do have one on order tho'

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks