Upgrade motor or Get a new one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauseKaos

I have a Marder with a Zenoah G230. I was thinking of modded it. Should i do a head kit or get a new motor? I was looking at the 27cc head kits but i'm really still new to all of this so don't know which direction to go. Any ideas fellas?

Yezzir, Thats the plan. 2 speed and pipe are in the plans as well. Just wanna get the motor right.

best bang for the buck is a gp290 with the 668 carb and clutch package.
best reliability is the g270rc ,and this is a step down in power from the gp290, but is of better quality.
ive had cy engines last a long time as well but in general a zenoah is top quality.

if you are going to run at floyd, you will need more than a stock engine. even using an esp engine it will be rough if u want to be top dawg or highly competitive. but since u are new to this u may want to learn to tune and drive ur car with the current engine first. after ur 100% confident with the feel of the car and ur tuning , u can move on to the wild side!

If you are going to run at floyd, you will need more than a stock engine. even using an esp engine it will be rough if u want to be top dawg or highly competitive. but since u are new to this u may want to learn to tune and drive ur car with the current engine first. after ur 100% confident with the feel of the car and ur tuning , u can move on to the wild side!

I couldn't have said it better.

ok buts nothings wrong with one of these used motors its not like they have gallons thru them there just broken in and heat cycled so i can drop them in my cars if i have a problem at FBF. you just bought a used car with a used motor so whats wrong with used. and my used motors will spank any headkit you buy i can guarantee you'll never beat me with that headkit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks